HELP!!!

Options
Last day of my long term sub spot and the fellow teachers brought all kinds of food. I've resisted so far but I hear those cupcakes just calling my name...
I've told myself one won't hurt, but I know I shouldn't do it. Any encouragement out there?

Replies

• ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR I WILL CHASE YOU DOWN AND PICK YOU UP AND BODY SLAM YOU !!!!!!! :noway: :noway:
  • AdrienneYocham
    AdrienneYocham Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can do this, walk away. The cupcakes have the wrong name, they're not saying Kimmy, they're saying Jimmy.

Distract yourself, drink a lot of water, remember why you started this journey! I feel your pain, I love cupcakes!

Stay strong my sister!!
  • Billingbunny
    Billingbunny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I look to see how many calories are in the cupcake that usually turns me of them. If I have enough calories I might indulge as long as I can still have my dinner. Drink a glass of water so you don't feel as hungry and an apple to give me some thing sweet.
  • KimmyCain
    KimmyCain Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have an apple with me I can eat instead, and I just had lunch so I'm really not even hungry. It's just the fat girl in me screaming for that damn cupcake, but I WILL NOT eat it.
  • dar4health
    Options
    How will you FEEL afterwards?

You have a plan, and only you can stick to it, or adjust as needed. Although the sweetness may taste good for the 30 seconds to 1 minute it takes you to eat a small cupcake, the cravings for more sugar will last for hours....

I'd say, get up and stretch your legs and get a nice 5-minute walk in..... :)
  • shadowgem13
    shadowgem13 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes ARE THE DEVIL!!!!! You hate the cupcakes. The cupcake isn't calling you, it is saying nasty things about you behind your back....and not even doing a good job of it. Don't give that cupcake the satisfaction.
  • hallc121
    hallc121 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Resist!! Cupcakes are always DRY and never taste that good anyway!!
  • shallowhal
    shallowhal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! my temptation is crisps (potato chips) the salt and the crunch, especially with a glass of ice cold wine!....I control myself by telling myself I can eat them if I want to...but then I'll have to work it off before bed, the cross trainer..then I'll find it's not worth it. Good Luck:wink:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin!!!
  • yocupcake
    yocupcake Posts: 32
    Options
    Run! Run away from those evil cupcakes!!!!
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Does it fit into your daily intake? Maybe I am in the minority here...but I am here for a lifestyle change. And I will have one cupcake once in awhile. One cupcake isn't what made me fat. Intending to eat just one and eating 5 or 6 is what got me to where I was when I started this journey. Anyway...good luck with it. :)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Whenever you are tempted think of how damn LONG it would take to work off that cupcake...it is only ever worth it 5% of the time to me. 250 calories appx for what ammounts to 25 seconds of enjoyment??? I would have to work 30-45 minutes for that!!!

Is that cupcake worth THAT much of your time?

NO you are in control of you, and that feels better than ANY stupid cupcake!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Does it fit into your daily intake? Maybe I am in the minority here...but I am here for a lifestyle change. And I will have one cupcake once in awhile. One cupcake isn't what made me fat. Intending to eat just one and eating 5 or 6 is what got me to where I was when I started this journey. Anyway...good luck with it. :)

I don't know if this is true but if she's new to her lifestyle change the sugar IS addicting and could send her into a frenzy for days. Not a good idea unless you're well established and disciplined in your overall healthy lifestyle.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you really have to, just cut a small piece off, put the rest back under lock and key.
  • shallowhal
    shallowhal Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I agree! It's not the devil or evil...it's a CUPCAKE! don't give it power over you eat it if you want, just don't eat 10!:tongue:
  • KimmyCain
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone, it's really great to see! It's not worth my time to burn it off that's for sure. I know if I give in to just 1 it will lead to more and more. Staying strong and resisting it!!
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support everyone, it's really great to see! It's not worth my time to burn it off that's for sure. I know if I give in to just 1 it will lead to more and more. Staying strong and resisting it!!

That I can understand. Giving in after having just one and then having two...then three...then...yeah I get that. Good for you for knowing where you are at on your journey!
  • yocupcake
    Options
    They are evil. Dr Oz just did a show on how they are pumping chemicals into sugary foods & can make you as addicted to sugar as cocaine addicts are addicted to coke. So the less you eat of it the less you crave it.
  • KimmyCain
    Options
    I never ate one and I was down on the scale today. I'm going to assume that wouldn't have happened if I had eaten the cupcake!
  • yocupcake
    Options
    Yay! That's great! Good for you. I eat these cupcakes that are only 120 calories that aren't gross sweet, but still really yummy called Sensibly Indulgent. I also like Hungry Girl's low cal cupcake recipes.