SUPPORTING MFP FRIENDS??

Options
HI GUYS!! IM 24 AND IVE BEEN TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR A WHILE. I HAVE SUCCEEDED BEFORE BUT GAINED IT ALL BACK. IM LOOKING FOR FRIENDS WHO CAN ENCOURAGE ME AND I WILL ENCOURAGE BACK. I RECENTLY TOOK UP RUNNING AND I LOVE IT. I CANT RUN MUCH YET SINCE I AM OVERWEIGHT. BUT IM TRAINING SO I CAN RUN MY FIRST 5K IN THE FIRST HALD OF THIS YEAR..IN OTHER WORDS BY JUNE/JULY. AT THE MOMENT I WEIGHT 185 BUT I KNOW I CAN DO THIS SINCE MY MOM WEIGHTS MORE AND SHE DID A HALF MARATHON. SO IF SHE CAN DO IT I CAN TOO. I DO PLAN ON DOING A HALF MARATHON BY THE END OF THE YEAR IF POSSIBLE. MY GOAL IS TO WEIGHT BETWEEN 110-120. I AM 5'0 SO THATS A PRETTY GOOD WEIGHT FOR A SHORT GIRL LIKE MYSELF LOL. ANYWAYS ENOUGH ABOUT ME FEEL FREE TO SEND ME A REQUEST IF YOU WANT TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT:)

Replies

• walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good luck I have been using C25k to train myself to run long distance and it has been working out so far. Something for you to look into.
  • NeeneVa
    NeeneVa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Happy to help - friend me if you like :-)

Walleyebob - how are you liking the C25K? I downloaded the app on my phone but haven't started using it yet. Running isn't my thing but I'm gonna try!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm glad to add you. I don't add that many people because I like giving and receiving feedback and find that people with tons of friends are the least supportive. Anyhow, I'm into running and I'm 5'2"! hah--seems we have lots in common :)

I am close to my goal weight but plan on sticking on MFP for a long time to keep the weight off!

Glad to offer you what I've learned about running and the resources I find helpful.

Welcome!

:)
  • grizziegriz
    grizziegriz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    that's great that your goal is to run a half marathon. I can barley manage a block, but i can be a great support. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • piggybunny89
    piggybunny89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE SUPPORT. I THINK I SENT A REQUEST TO ALL OF YOU.

WHAT IS C25K?
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I was at 199 and I'm at 171 now. Goal is 130.
  • Ronnie2002
    Ronnie2002 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm not into running because of my knees, I just stick to walking, but I'm willing to help cheer you own as much as you need it. When I started on MFP, I weighed in at 192, I now weigh 175 (5'6'') my goal is 160. MFP really works if you stick with it. Count me in to support you.
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request... I am 4'10.5" and used C25K last year to train, and ran several 5Ks last year! I am training again for a race in May.

C25K is "Couch to 5K." It's a schedule you can use to ease into running a 5K. It's a really great program that takes people like me who haven't run since they were kids, and gets them conditioned and confident enough to run a 5K! It starts out with intervals: running a minute and walking a minute and a half , then slowly increasing the amount of running you do until you get to about three miles. The whole thing goes for 9 weeks.
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hello im 22 and i'd love to be your support on MFP! Just add me and we can be on this train together!
  • piggybunny89
    Options
    I sent you a friend request... I am 4'10.5" and used C25K last year to train, and ran several 5Ks last year! I am training again for a race in May.

C25K is "Couch to 5K." It's a schedule you can use to ease into running a 5K. It's a really great program that takes people like me who haven't run since they were kids, and gets them conditioned and confident enough to run a 5K! It starts out with intervals: running a minute and walking a minute and a half , then slowly increasing the amount of running you do until you get to about three miles. The whole thing goes for 9 weeks.

THANK YOU FOR THE EXPLANATION:P IM STARTING ON MONDAY ON IT. RIGHT NOW IVE JUST BEEN WALKING FOR 2HRS AND RUNNING AS MUCH AS I CAN IN BETWEEN
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    Good Luck to you on your journey! I am also starting back up again after many failed diet attempts. I love to walk/run. I really would like to be a good runner someday. Right now I am just doing Jillian Michaels dvds and saving up for my own treadmill. I did the Couch to 5k program a while back and got thru most of it, it really did help with my running and endurance and everything.
  • walleyebob977
    walleyebob977 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    C25k has been a huge help I was never I runner no I can do it for 20 mins.. as you get further along in the program it gets tough and for me it has turned into a mental game. I am on Week 7 day 1. It helps to add friends that have done it or is in the processes of doing it, it helps a lot.
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! :)
  • piggybunny89
    Options
    I WAS A GOOD RUNNER IN 8TH GRADE SINCE PE IS REQUIRED AT THAT AGE. I REMEMBER WE WERE DOING THE C25K PROGRAM AT THAT TIME BUT I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS CALLED THAT WAY. I LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT BACK THEN. I WAS AROUND 135 AT THAT TIME AND THE SAME HEIGHT. IDIDNT GROW AFTER THAT JEJE

RIGHT NOW IVE JUST BEEN WALKING AROUND 5MI AND TRYING TO RUN WHENEVER I CAN IN BETWEEN BUT IT HAS BEEN HARD. BUT I WILL START THAT PROGRAM ON MON. IM ALSO DOING THE 30DAY SHRED AT THE MOMENT TOO