So, so, sooo very hungry today

Options
(And last night)

I don't know what's going on. I've been completely fine for months and have lost 35 pounds, but today it just not a good day for me. I'm so hungry and I just ate dinner. I don't know what to do. I don't want to binge. In fact, it almost seems like the hunger came with me starting to eat more fresh vegetable. So confusing.

Oh, and have you ever had that over-looming feeling that you've gone over your calories, when in fact, you're perfectly below?

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My husband's aunt (she is a marathon runner, tennis coach, has degrees in health medicine) told me that as you speed up your metabolism and actually feed it good things, you will be more hungry and need more food. Your body is become more efficient, so it does make some sense.

Maybe up your cals just a bit and see if that helps to satiate you. Good luck and congrats on the loss so far!
  • lauraandmonsters
    lauraandmonsters Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So make yourself a big bowl of broccoli or brussel sprouts. Steam them up till they are nice and tender. Add some season salt. It will fill you up. I do this with almost every meal, Don't give up!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    a good hard exercise always get me over wanting to eat more. Try to get some lean protein, it is filling!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hunger is a good sign that your metabolism is fired up. Maybe it's time to start eating closer to your calorie goal so you don't end up binging.
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    Are you getting enough protien and complex carbs? What do you feel hungry for? It might tell you what you are lacking. Also certain times of the month or stress factors can make you unusually hungry. Are you drinking enough water. Go for a walk and see if the hunger is still there. If you do still feel hungry, eat, but eat a small portion of what it is you are craving. :heart:
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Eating fresh veggies (baby carrots especially) always makes me feel more hungry than I did before I ate them... not sure if that same phenomenon happens for you, but it's weird! I know I'm not actually hungry because I just ate, duh... but it is weird.
  • gillian_gail
    Options
    I don't really know if it's true or even good advice, but I've always been told to drink a few glasses of water after dinner to fill you up if you've already eaten your goal for calories.
    Either way, keep it up. You're doing awesome and you're a great inspiration for me :flowerforyou:

--Gillian--