On the shorter side with a lot to lose...

Options
2»

Replies

• Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    First time posting on here. I started with this website a couple days ago. I am 5'4" and weigh 249lbs.. I lost about 20 lbs a few years back but I think it's been creeping back on me. (yikes!) I would really like to start a family within the next few years and it finally clicked that I'd like to be able to run around with kids and play soccer etc... Wish me luck and please add me I know I'll need the encouragement and will help in any way I can as well :)
  • cqp1
    cqp1 Posts: 41
    Options
    Well I'm about 5"3' and 248 if that's close enough for you please add me.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"-ish (okay, so I slightly round up because it makes me feel better) and fluctuation between 230-235 right now. I'd say we're pretty close!
  • 1800ROFLMAO
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this site. But wow, so many other short people! I'm 5'2 (technically 5'1" and 3/4", but meh) and when I graduated school a few months ago, I was 205 lbs. Now, I'm 163 lbs and trying to lose 13 more, or at least go down another pant size. This is my first time posting here, but hi! Hm... weight lifting? I do strength training 3x a week, but not much, mostly cardio. I wish you and everyone else luck in your venture! I know you'll get there!
  • carolynbergen1
    Options
    5'2 highest weight 175. I have lost 11 lbs in 6 weeks or so. Slow and steady wins the race IMO. I have not even attempted weight training yet but we have a Bowflex and will start using it again soon. I've done this all with changing my diet by being here and generally walking anywhere between 3.0-3.4 mph on an incline of 5-10%. Here's my thing though. My husband and son are both 6 feet tall. They have a longer gait and I always have to almost jog to keep up with them walking anywhere. So...don't I take more steps on the treadmill and therefore burn more calories then if they were to do the exact same thing on the treadmill? I've always wondered that.
  • straight_scallop
    Options
    holy guacamole! i never anticipated so many responses!
    HELLO EVERYONE! WELCOME! I'M FRIENDING ALL OF YOU IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY ADDED ME!
    i'm super excited about all of us working on this together.
    i'm literally about to go message all of you about my excitement
    you might regret replying ;)
  • DreamChaser9717
    Options
    Hi!! I'm short too(5'3.75) not as short as you, but still all my extra weight shows in my tummy! I like to weight lift I go to a lifting gym with a lot of makes who know what their talking about, so if you have any questions I could find out/might already know for you!y main fitness
    Love is races though their quite fun to if you've ever thought about trying one! I don't have a huge amount to lose, 18 more lbs to get to goal weight, but it has it's challenges to as it gets a little more challenging(for me at least) the less I have to lose.you can add me, if you want:)