Whey Protein

Options
what;s your favorite kind?why?

Replies

• thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate - because it tastes the best.
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    VPX zero carb vanilla dream.
    it's unreal. <3
    no fat, no carbs, 20g protein for 80 calories.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Unflavoured impact whey from MyProtein. Because it mixes perfectly, is cheap, has little additives and I can flavour it with whatever I want. (The Flavdrops they sell are quite good). If I was better off I'd get the whey isolate, which has a higher protein content, but hey.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Matrix vanilla. Tastes really good and has a great blend of protein sources.

I also really like Dymatize Elite vanilla. By far the best tasting whey I've had.
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    I like both of these because they're good protein, taste great, mix well, and extremely low carbs with a good source of vitamins.

Metrx Ultramyosyn Whey -- Peanut Butter Cup
    Walker's Diet -- Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Twinlab 100% Whey Protein Fuel

This is the best tasting i've tried in the vanilla and chocolate.

Per choc. scoop

Calories 140.
    Fat 20
    Carbs 5
    Protein 25
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    GNC Wheybolic 60, a complete post workout with creatine and amino acids
    ON Hydro Whey, low carb, low fat, high protein. Helps with macro management
  • NerdyTXChick
    NerdyTXChick Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Isolate - Vanilla Creme
    Calories: 130
    Protein: 30
    Carbs:1

This is the first one I've found that I like mixed only with water (as opposed to milk). It's pretty affordable too - $21.99 at Walmart for a 2 lb jug. It's a good basic flavor that goes well with just about anything.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    GNC Wheybolic Amp 60 Vanilla

I like it because a serving is 60g protein (3 scoops) and I can pretty easily use just one scoop to get the 20g extra I want per day. It tastes delicious even just mixed with water it's like a dessert. It also has a blend of Whey Protein Isolate and Hydrolyzed whey which is awesome and it was 3 lbs for $50.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I love Muscle Maxx Chocolate. It is relatively cheap and tastes just like chocolate milk.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    GNC Wheybolic Amp 60 Vanilla

I like it because a serving is 60g protein (3 scoops) and I can pretty easily use just one scoop to get the 20g extra I want per day. It tastes delicious even just mixed with water it's like a dessert. It also has a blend of Whey Protein Isolate and Hydrolyzed whey which is awesome and it was 3 lbs for $50.

This only I prefer the chocolate. One scoop is 20 grams of protein and only like 93 calories!
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey. Double Chocolate 100 cal, low carb and sugar. Taste super good
  • JoshRodenberg
    Options

This is the first one I've found that I like mixed only with water (as opposed to milk). It's pretty affordable too - $21.99 at Walmart for a 2 lb jug. It's a good basic flavor that goes well with just about anything.

dang it's only $15 around here...but i'll take any brand as long as it's chocolate
  • kellyes86
    kellyes86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for posting all these recommendations.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Man, you're either getting ripped off or I'm getting a good deal. It's only $15.99 at my Walmart. I like it cause I'm cheap.

I prefer the chocolate kind, but the vanilla isn't bad.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress has significant amounts of creatine, if that matters to you. I don't want to go bald so I don't take creatine (srsly).
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Non-whey protein powder:

Vega One - Any flavor
    Sunwarrior - Any flavor
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    MRM because of it's sodium and protein to calorie ratio. My husband is on a low sodium diet and some of those mixes go up to 250 mg a scoop!!! It also had a better protein to calorie ratio than the more expensive one the guy at Sprouts tried to sell me...even though less protein per scoop, just scoop 1.5 times...

1 scoop
    85 calories
    1 g Fat
    40 mg sodium
    2 g carbs
    18 g protein

For me I will mix it into a shake by using bolthouse protein shake (not a lot like 1/2 cup) and 1/2 cup light (but not artificial) juice, and 1/2 a greek yogurt (tastes best w/ frozen greek yogurt) For hubby I have to be more careful about delivery b/c of sodium.

I buy it at Sprouts - on sale its about $36 for a LARGE tall product - I think it was $18 for the smaller.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Aria Women's Protein by Designer Whey, it's in the natural foods section at Kroger. I buy it because only 2 g sugar, 80 cals and 22 g protein per serving. The vanilla is much better than chocolate. You can also get it on Amazon.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Elite Gourmet~Choc
    High in Protein Low in carbs, I drink it hot