what vitamins do you take?

Options
cheron40
cheron40 Posts: 31 Member
my dietitian has suggested that I take Vitamin D and Chromium,

vitamin D encourages the absorption and metabolism of phosphorous and calcium maintenace of bones and teeth, and Chromium helps with the body to metabolize carbs and fats

just wondering what others are taking

thanks

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    One A Day® Men's Health Formula
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    a prenatal and a super B
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Get a blood test. If you aren't deficient in any particular vitamin then you are just wasting money (and possibly doing some harm) by taking extra.

There was a very long term (decades) study done on people who take multivitamins versus those who don't. I think it was a dutch study? Anyways, turns out there were zero benefits to taking multi's. Now this could be due to the fact that multi's don't contain much of any particular vitamins, just a little of everything. If someone has a legitimate deficiency then supplementing with that vitamin is probably prudent.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm vitamin D deficient, so I take 5,000 IU of that...but that's it. I do take Omega 3 supplements as well, but the vitamin D is the only vitamin I take. I found that once I started logging and eating better, I was getting pretty much everything from my food so my Men's One a Day was just like pissing money down the toilette as I am not deficient in any other areas.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    The only thing I take regularly is a B50 vitamin and a probiotic.

We tend to consume far too many vitmains which isn't always a good thing. You can get the nutrients you need from food as small amounts of fruits and veggies normally contain what you need.

I only take a vitamin other than my B50 if at the end of the day I am lacking on something.

Personally, I owuldn't suppliment unless i was short on something.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I take One a Day Womens every other day.

I also sometimes drink those Emergen-C drinks, especially when my kids are sick. It seems to help keep me from coming down with whatever they're battling.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't take any vitamins and my bloodwork has never been better.
  • kleverkira
    kleverkira Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D, a women's multivitamin from Trader Joe's, fish oil, and baby aspirin
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Walgreens Prenatal, Fish Oil, Calcium 500 + D, and 3mg Folic Acid
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My kids tend to be a tad picky at 2 yrs and 4 yrs so we all take a flintstone in the morning. I like the red ones. (Red Dye! Gasp!)
  • JoshRodenberg
    Options
    one a day mens and fish oil
  • jball1954
    jball1954 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum Silver Men 50+ and a low dose aspirin. I've found I remember it better now that I mark it down in my Food Log under Vitamins.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Centrum Women's

Was taking Niacin, Vitamin D and Iron when my bloodwork was showing deficiencies, but the levels are now all back to the normal range.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Because of some deficiencies found in my bloodwork I take Vit D 2000IU, B2, multi, and a calcium, magnesium mix. I've been feeling so much better since starting to take them.
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Celebrate brand multivitamin 2X a day
    Celebrate brand Calcium Plus 500 3X a day
    Celebrate brand sublingual B12 a couple times a week