Elliptical and knees & weird feeling

Options
I know there has been a lot of posting on knee pain, sorry. I workout min of 3 days a week on an elliptical (at home) and any other time I do not have any joint pain. I've noticed that certain types of tennis shoes were killing me so I started going barefoot and that helped for a while. I've tried moving my feet around shifting weight, but now nothing is helping. I always start out slow build up and then slow back down.

Also, wondering if anyone else experience an uncomfortable feeling while working out? Let me explain. When I start with my warm ups I have this just uncomfortable/uneasy/weird feeling until I've been at it for about 15 to 20 minutes and I noticed as soon as I'm starting to sweat heavy I start feeling better.

Any and all advise is welcomed. Thanks!

Replies

• caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem with an elliptical. not sure why but I just can't use them. they kill my knees.

i get that same weird feeling your talking about i think its probably just because the heart rate is going up.
  • fitobsessed
    Options
    I don't think you should be wearing tennis shoes or going barefoot when on the elliptical. I have significant arthritis in my knees and I use Nike's that are specifically for "training". I also purchased insoles for support. Another good sneaker is a basketball sneaker or a high top sneaker to support your ankles.

As far as your weird feeling, you aren't being specific enough. WHAT exactly is it that you are experiencing? And most importantly, WHERE?
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Don't know where your "weird" feeling was occuring but I always had problems with my feet going numb around the 20 minute mark when I used the elliptical. But I joined KoKo Fit Club and started limiting my time on it (15 minutes max) and just using the crossramp and resistence to get a really good calorie burn and the numbness does not happen.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    my toes go numb on the elliptical sometimes but no knee issues
  • Drpingel
    Drpingel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    As far as your weird feeling, you aren't being specific enough. WHAT exactly is it that you are experiencing? And most importantly, WHERE?
    [/quote]

It's kind of like you want to crawl out of your skin. You would do anything to stop workingout. It's almost like annixiety nothing hurts, but it's when I start feeling hot prior to sweating. That's about as specific as I can get.

Thanks for the tip on the shoes!