App for using weight lifting machines

Options
I just joined a gym and would like to start using all of the weight machines there. I am looking for an app that shows a pic of the machine, a short video on correct form, gives you suggested starting weights and then lets you log your actual weight lifted in. It would keep track of it and then give you updated recommendations on weight after a certain number of times using that machine. Does anything like that exist?

Replies

• mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    Sounds good!
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bumping this because if there is one I would love to see it too!
  • fitobsessed
    Options
    Try Fitness Buddy or Fleetly.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Don't bother. Machines are very poor at making you stronger or making your muscles bigger/better. Free weights are infinitely better in multiple ways.

There are a number of threads covering effective strength training routines. My suggestion is to buy a book called Starting Strength.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You could try this site: http://www.exrx.net/.

It gives examples on how to do exercises on machines or with free weights.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    personal opinion - any app or website that gives you arbitrary starting weights without taking into consideration your lifting experience, amount you can already lift, etc... is a joke! It will either start you too light to accomplish anything or too high and hurt you... I can take months off of lifting and walk into a gym and squat over 150lbs without a problem. So my starting weight would be higher than most... Way too many factors to be following an arbitrary number!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    youtube