How to log in strength training class

Options
Hi, as I'm new to myfitnesspal and just starting my new life regimine ... Was trying to figure out how to load the exercise class I took. It's call Body Pump & it's a head to toe work out with weights. I scrolled through all the selections but couldn't figure out where it would land. When I tried to use "stregth training" it wouldn't load. Any advise??

Replies

• fitobsessed
    Options
    Sorry but I found that the only way to be accurate with logging in strength training was to use an HRM (heart rate monitor).
  • bathony
    bathony Posts: 51
    Options
    Sorry but I found that the only way to be accurate with logging in strength training was to use an HRM (heart rate monitor).

I agree! :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Go to the cardio section and type "weights". Record the time in minutes and MFP will give you the calories according with the information listed in your profile. You can also log your workout as circuit training, also under Cardio.

If you think that MFP gives you inflated numbers, just log less calories or don’t eat all your exercise calories back. Some people said that without a HRM exercises calories are not accurate; however I also read in the forums that nothing is totally accurate. So it is up to you.

Good luck!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I agree! :)

I'm sorry but you are both incorrect. HRM are specifically designed to predict calories burn based on the relationship of heart rate to VO2 max. This specifically relates to steady state aerobic cardio exercises and not anaerobic exercise from strenght training. You calories burned will be wildy overestimated by an HRM for strength training. There is a detailed explanation here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/hrms-cannot-count-calories-during-strength-training-17698
  • madsan64
    madsan64 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you all! I appreciate the feed back! I was able to log it today. Thanks again!:happy: