Newbie Needs Motivation!!!!

Options
I have struggled with weight loss my ENTIRE life... or so it feels! I need to lose a total of 100lbs but I'm starting with a goal of 50lbs. I have a chocolate addiction, and I love my sweets.. its my weakness!

I have been using MyFitnessPal for just over a month and lost 9 lbs and I feel stuck. when I start to feel like this I slump back into my old habits and continue to gain weight! I NEED MOTIVATION!!!!!!

I also wouldn't mind some friends that are willing to share recipes to healthify my sweets, and other foods of course.

Replies

• donnadavies72
    donnadavies72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have an addiction to crisps so i feel your pain!

I am struggling also I lose 2lb one week and gain it back the next! i think i have stuck this week, If I'm right I'll be gutted!

The only thing keeping me going is that I'm losing inches and the support I'm getting from other members on this site

Keep at it, I promise it will be worth it, add me as a friend and together we can keep each other on track

xx
  • amykelly44
    Options
    hi annie dont get discourage ..make sure that your tracking everything your eating thats so important... also increase more excerise.. i dont know if you have started to do that or not its very important... even if its 10minutes here then 10 miutes later in the day and just keep increasing it every wk... then you will beable to work out for 45 mitues with no problem you'll see a big difference...
  • boldlol
    boldlol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hey annie, when you hit a platue, what could happen from time to time, make a week, where you eat the exact amount of calories you need - and no deficit! beeing in a caloric deficit all year around can cause your metabolism to kind of slow down. after that one week, where you meet your daily needed calories start again with eating with a daily deficit. furthermore you could look at your meal timing, not just hitting your cals and macros. Don't give up anyway! everything what is worth going for, takes time. cosistency ist veeeery important! keep it up and you will reach your goal for sure! i'am very new to myfitnesspal but i guess you can pm me, when you got more specific questions. maybe i can annswer some of them ;)
  • ukeegal
    ukeegal Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi i am also starting mfp today for the possibly 5th time. i start lose weight and gain it the next week. It seems that my motivation has totally gone on holiday and i am in the mind frame that i really cant do this. I also have 100 pounds to lose. Well again i will try and hopefully it will click in for me this time. If you should find motivation i would love some of it
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:-)