After basically no carb meals. Well the lowest carb anyway.

Options
linzi52
linzi52 Posts: 2
Last time I lost weight I did so by cutting out carbs. I.e bread, cereal anything with carbs. But a piece of chicken gets really boring really quickly. Can anyone help with tasty low and I mean low carb meals please?

Replies

• LauraH9372
    Options
    Kelp noodles are an AWESOME alternative to pasta. Even though they don't taste like pasta, they look and feel like it. Use them in a stir fry with beef or chicken, pour sauce on them and add a few meatballs. You won't be sorry you tried them. They are super low in calories (6 per serving of 18 calories for a whole bag), they have 1 gram of carbs per serving but 15% of the DV for calcium and 4% of the DV for iron. Here is a link to more info: http://www.naturalnews.com/030367_kelp_noodles_weight_loss.html
  • linzi52
    linzi52 Posts: 2
    Options
    Really cheap to, thank you.
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    eggs and meat is good, I frequently make a veggie hash with that. Even low carb, you still need to eat some veggies here and there. I like to put avocado in that too.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Eggs(you can cook them up so many ways, and make boiled eggs for when you feel snacky), meats, vegetables like brocolli, spagetti squash, squash (for pasta replacement) also shirataki noodles very low carbs, zucchini, cauliflower, okra, spinach,pickles. There's so many good meals you can eat as a low carber.
  • boldlol
    boldlol Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    a good little snack could be a small bowl of cottage cheese with some cinnamon. slow digesting protein and cinnamon keeps your insulin low, good as a goog night snack as well.
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I like making really good salads for lunch (& pack a good salad dressing on the side). One of my favorites is a Cobb Salad -- top your favorite greens with sliced cooked chicken breast, sliced avocado, crumbled blue cheese, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, 1 piece crispy crumbled bacon -- sometimes I use turkey bacon to lighten it up).

Here is link for a recipe my family enjoys:

Pork Medallions with Mustard Caper Sauce (you could substitute chicken if you wanted to, but this is sooooo delicious) http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pork_medallions_with_mustard-caper_sauce/

One final tip is to try out shirataki noodles. They are virtually carb free and really low in calories. They have the texture of ramen noodles -- you just have to make sure you REALLY rinse them thoroughly and then heat them in a pan over low heat to pull out some of the moisture. They really don't taste like anything so the absorb the flavor of whatever sauce you put on them. I've used them as a base for beef, chicken, pork and or veggie stir-fry. I've also topped them with a marinara and meatballs or I've topped them with shrimp scampi.
  • Princess_Lee2013
    Princess_Lee2013 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Some low carb favourites : 100 g of raw shrimp (don't know where you live), 1/2 cup cucumber, onion and 1/2 tbsp low fat mayo, option of dill and lemon. One of my favourites.

Weekly nighttime staple - 3/4 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup spinach and 1 oz feta. about 2 carbs for the meal

deli meat rollups - ask for turkey deli meat sliced not shredded and then spread a laughing cow wedge or light cream cheese on the meat, stuff with cucumber straws and rollup for a good lunch time treat.

Lettuce wraps - ground turkey meat cooked in a bit of soy sauce with green onion, mushroom, etc.

Mini quiche ...put cheese, mushroom, spinach, whatever low carb stuff you like at the bottom of muffin tin sprayed with pam, pour egg (whisked) or egg white on top, bake until a fluffy muffin.

Meatballs ...yum...so many things...all is pretty cheap so long as you keep your portions down!
  • fitgal05
    fitgal05 Posts: 149
    Options
    Last time I lost weight I did so by cutting out carbs. I.e bread, cereal anything with carbs. But a piece of chicken gets really boring really quickly. Can anyone help with tasty low and I mean low carb meals please?

Tonight I'm having a turkey patty or you can make turkey meatballs. I take ground turkey, season to your taste and bake at 400 degrees for like 12 minutes. I make a whole pound and freeze and then take to work and heat up in microwave. But tonight I'm having them with sweet potato baked fries. That way it's like burger and fries to take away that craving. Also turkey soup or chicken soup with veggies.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Fish, bunless burgers, stir fry with chicken or shrimp, meatloaf with little or no bread crumbs, tacos with corn tortillas or no tortillas, bug salad, meatballs with tofu noodles or spaghetti squash, big salads loaded with eggs, bacon, avocados, favorites meats, etc., eggs and bacon/sausage.
  • dramati1947
    Options
    In any diet in order to lower blood sugar and blood pressure you should add this food to your diet. This is a dip very popular in Yemeni dishes. You will need
    ground fenugreek for this recipe. Be careful one tblsp of ground
    fenugreek goes a long way.

Step 1: soak one tblsp of ground fenugreek in water, preferrably
    over night. Why? It gets rid of the bitterness of the fenugreek
    and that’s how our mother’s taught us to make it.

Step 2: After you have left it to soak overnight –throw away the
    water and take the fenugreek paste (yes it has turned into a
    paste like mixture) and place in a blender.

Step 3: Add one tomato (preferably still a little hard–not ripe and
    mushy), a clove of garlic, 3 tblsp of cilantro chopped, 1 green
    chilly (or less if you like), juice of one whole lemon, salt to taste.

Step 4: blend until it is a frothy consistency.

Step 5: Pour into a bowl and serve with bread. If it is too thick,
    thin with more lemon. Some use vinegar.
  • kasfamily
    Options
    Tuna and hard boiled eggs with mayo is a good lunch. Have you tried the Lavash bread by Josephs Bakery? They sell it in the deli section at Walmart, with the flat bread. 4 carbs for a half sheet (which is huge). They are very inexpensive. Makes great breakfast taco (egg, and whatever, rolled up). For lunch, you can put any low carb cheese, meat, lettuce in it.
  • sunryse00
    sunryse00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Here are two of my favorites:
    Saute shrimp in butter with garlic. Meanwhile steam broccoli. Put shrimp on top of the broccoli and drizzle the garlic butter.

Tonight's dinner was steamed cauliflower and broccoli with seasoned and fried chicken. Lightly mix Ragu Classic Alfredo sauce with the chicken and vegetables.

• meganmarkworth
    Options
    bump
  • RhiannonLeighh
    RhiannonLeighh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I make a stir fry I serve it over bean sprouts instead of noodles or rice. Great texture and good for cutting though the flavour of the sauce.