Can't seem to motivate/summer blues

Options
I guess this might be more of a complaint. I want for the first time in 3 years to lose weight before summer and feel more confident in a bathing suit. But the thing about living in Texas is that all year round it is summer. It's only the second week of March and my 2 best friends (who of course are skinny) are already getting ready and invited me to go to her lake house to swim and tan and such for spring break. But I'm not ready! I'm not done yet! So I keep getting discouraged because it is like no matter what I do I will always be the "fat friend" and it will take forever for me to be on their level.

The last time we went out we were at a bar and these guys completely ignored me. Then one of them said to the other (quite loud so others heard and looked), "Just ignore her, we don't do fat chicks." Even though I'm married and would never cheat on my husband, ouch! Just ouch! It's extremely depressing. So I'm in a rut and just can't pick myself up.

By the way my friends are completely amazing and support me and everything. It's not them at all.

Replies

• Neona
    Neona Posts: 28
    Options
    First of, you're beautiful. I know the words sting, but don't let drunk jerks at a bar get to you.

Some days it feels like you'll never be done, but if you stick with it I promise you'll reach your goal.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'd say go to the beach! Swim, tan, the works! Just because you haven't reached your goals yet shouldn't keep you from a fun spring break with your friends. It doesn't matter that you're not "finished". You're beautiful. And you're working toward this goal for you. Look at the progress you've made. You are progressing. That in itself is an amazing feat and something to be proud of.
  • jessicajones1022
    jessicajones1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll try to go out there and be confident. I definitely don't want to bring down my friends because I'm constantly worried about how I look. Thanks again :)