Loose Leaf Tea Online Sellers.

Options
Femmekid
Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
I'm new to tea & want to find a good place online to purchase loose leaf tea. I have glanced at several sites but looking for some personal preferences from all of you. Tell me about your good/bad experiences with sites, your favorite types of tea from said sites, and more.

I'm mostly looking to drink green, black, and white teas.

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Teavana has some great teas. I have enjoyed both the green tea and black tea from that store. Stays fresh. You probably need a good tea maker as well.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I buy from the Republic of Tea and have been happy with the quality fo roducts and service.

PS - They have one called Burn, which is supposed to help kick your metabolism up, but I just like the way it tastes.
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I have looked at both of those sites. Thanks!

Both seem to have some great selections. I really want to get the Coconut Pu-erh Full-Leaf Loose Black Tea from RoT. :D
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Tea Source is a great site as well.

I have found that Tevana (at least here in AK) is WAY expensive. We have a summit tea and spice here that I like and it's much more reasonable.

Do you not have any local shops??? If not that's sad.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    David's Tea! Lots of stores as well as online. Amazing selection!
  • jcatal1412
    Options
    I love teavanna! They can be expensive, but the shape up blend is my favorite, I have lost weight on it
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Etsy!!!! There are so many sellers of tea on there. I've bought from three different people so far (that I remember) and all of them had really good tea. That's usually my first stop for new teas.
  • Ron6098
    Ron6098 Posts: 31
    Options
    Check out Adiago tea. Great prices compared to teavana. I like the white peach and green citrus
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    uptontea.com is huge.

redblossomtea.com has high quality whites.

steepster.com isn't a tea-seller, it's a tea social site where people review and rate teas. you can go to a page on it and it'll list teas people have rated by score and tell you what sites they come from and there are discussion boards and such that talk about favorite tea stores online and such.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Go to thinkgeek.com and buy this:

f07b_tea_earl_gray_hot.jpg

The tea is actually quite tasty.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I can't give ideas on online places as I haven't shopped there. I get mine from either the bulk food store or the Teavana in my local mall or some of the single serve coffee stores around. Most of them have loose leaf tea as well. Some stores carry it too.. check the tea section and bulk section. One that is near me that I love is Nourishtea (it's in a white can)... so good!

Edit... Amazon sells loose leaf tea if you are in the US.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    David's tea! :) I'm addicted.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Go to thinkgeek.com and buy this:

f07b_tea_earl_gray_hot.jpg

The tea is actually quite tasty.

YES! I saw this the other day. NEED.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I've purchased Harney & Sons loose leaf Paris tea off of Amazon - plus I have a Prime membership, so I get free two-day shipping. The Paris blend is definitely my favorite.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bump...I wanna drink tea more.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Anyone know where to get violet tea? I found some traveling overseas, have used it all up, and now am craving it...
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I was just introduced to Adagio tea. They have $5 off coupons a lot of times. I ordered a ton of samples. I'm more into the herbal and rooibos teas now, after reading about how the tannins in regular tea block absorption of vitamins and minerals. Sometimes, adding citrus came counteract this, but I don't always like lemon or orange in my tea. And WOW their rooibos is quite amazing!

I also love the Runa tea on Amazon. Peppermint guayusa...yum!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This is the stuff that I buy:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SARJF6/

"English Breakfast"

Don't have experience with loose leaf other than this one, but then I found I don't need to go looking
  • willow_rb
    willow_rb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    http://www.lifeinteacup.com/, adagio.com, teavivre.com and republic of tea are all good sites for great loose leaf tea. Teavana has good teas but can be very expensive; all these other tea sites have equally good teas for an excellent quality and far less prices.
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bumpity-bump

Looking for a good green tea with ginger.