Herbalife?

Options
What is Herbalife exactly? Meal replacements? Does it work? I've seen a million posts about it on instagram and I didn't want to hear the sales pitch version on the website haha

Replies

• runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's essentially a meal replacement shake - the idea is 2 shakes and a "colorful" meal (lots of veggies, lean meat, etc). They also have vitamin supplements, protein bars, and the like. Some of my teammates are using it, but they have experienced rapid weight loss in a short time and have made the observation that they are hungry all the time and gain it all back as soon as they go off program. I looked at the nutrition info for the shakes, and it's not much, calories-wise. It's also really expensive. I'd stick to changing eating habits/incorporating more veggies/controlling portion sizes and making it a LIFESTYLE change. Those kind of fad diets just drain your wallet and leave you hungry.

My $.03 (adjusted for inflation).
  • cortneysmissionpossible
    Options
    It's essentially a meal replacement shake - the idea is 2 shakes and a "colorful" meal (lots of veggies, lean meat, etc). They also have vitamin supplements, protein bars, and the like. Some of my teammates are using it, but they have experienced rapid weight loss in a short time and have made the observation that they are hungry all the time and gain it all back as soon as they go off program. I looked at the nutrition info for the shakes, and it's not much, calories-wise. It's also really expensive. I'd stick to changing eating habits/incorporating more veggies/controlling portion sizes and making it a LIFESTYLE change. Those kind of fad diets just drain your wallet and leave you hungry.

My $.03 (adjusted for inflation).

Well put. And that's what I thought it was. Ok, thank you. And i'll stick to what I am doing :]
  • claudiamareee
    Options
    Pretty much if you start taking Herbalife, and take it properly, you experience great weight loss. However, like already stated, as soon as you stop taking it and go back to normal food, if you don't REALLY watch what you're eating you will put it all back on. One shake made with water is approx 100 calories (and it really DOESN'T fill you up). I can imagine a 100 calorie snack just fine, but a main meal that has only 100 calories? Hell no you won't find that anywhere. Most of the people I have experienced in Herbalife have been taking the products for years and years. They promote it to you as a 'healthy lifestyle change' a.k.a it's designed that once you start, you don't stop - ever.
    If you're looking for a temporary thing to get you into weight loss before you start out on your own then Herbalife definitely isn't the thing for you. But if you're looking for something that you want to stick with for the foreseeable future then maybe it's worth a shot (if you like drinking two shakes a day instead of eating food).
    I find the people who take Herbalife are the people who just cannot control what they eat and shakes not solid food is their only option. If you can control what you eat and you're making the right choices (because remember it isn't just about calorie counting it's about getting vitamins and minerals too) then stick to food I say :)
  • _michellle
    _michellle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I started, I replaced two meals a day with two shakes a day. And had one "colorful meal" And honestly, I really enjoyed it. I lost three inches off my waist, one inch off my hips, and an inch and a half on my thighs. Although I LOVED the shakes, I got sick of it literally after 7 days. It's been about a month since then, and I still cannot have a shake. I am still taking the pills almost every meal, now I'm just watching my calorie intake and eating clean. Honestly, for me I personally believe I only used it for motivation. Because it is literally the only thing that got me into eating clean and working out. If I could go back a month, I would have spent the $200 elsewhere.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money
  • val0910
    val0910 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i tried it but i could not eat only one solid meal a day
    it was pricy and got me sick a lot of air bubble in my belly
    you can imagine what i looked like at school
    i was one bloated girl lol on another hand my mom lost 60 pounds quickly on it
    she did lost the weight but the skin did not follow
    she looks like a flying squirel
    i love her
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    Herbalife is currently being investigated because the FBI (or whoever) is saying it is a pyramid scheme. I know it doesn't relate to weight loss, but it might be something to think about if you decide to order.
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    All of the above is true. I started taking it last year in March when I started my "healthy" life. I only took it for a month and stopped because I couldn't eat just one meal. I now eat 3 meals and two snacks and it's working for me. I do however take their Multi-vitamins, fiber, therbal tea and some other herbalife pills for joints. I get them 1/2 price and I really really like them and they seem to work for me. I have lost a total of 62 lbs. and lots of inches but that's only because I'm working out and eating so much healthier. Weight wise I would like to lose 15 more.