Doing this for a baby, anyone else?

Options
I'm trying to lose weight so I can have a baby, I have PCOS and apparently the best way to be able to overcome the infertility is to lose weight.
I had a miscarriage in January at around 10 weeks so I'm now trying to blast weight off in order to be in a better position for getting pregnant.

Wondering if the anyone else here was in the same position?

xXx

Replies

• cheron40
    cheron40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Charlie

I have PCOS, and can tell you I now have 3 healthy children!
    I lost some weight, and started to take metformoin- I took metformin for less than 6 months when I got pregnant

sorry about the miscarriage, I also had one - and it was related to the PCOS and the lining in your uterus in not thick enough
    some suppliments I took was 1 baby asprin per day-helps with the lining
    drank grapefruit juice, that helps with stuff "down below"
    I forget the other one I took as it was a while ago
    also take folic acid

good luck-
    hope this helps a bit
  • charlie00134
    charlie00134 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I've been on Metformin and Clomid although now they're saying the Metformin won't be as effective as I've lost weight. I'm hoping it all fits together soon, will ask my doc about the baby asprin x
  • cheron40
    cheron40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    let me know what he says about the baby asprin-at the time I was told it will thin the blood to help prevent miscarriage as well as help my lining get thicker-
    my children are older now- 17 ,12 and 11 so things could have changed since then
    with my youngest I got pregnant on my own, we did not think we needed birth control so my boys are 13 months apart

I took clomid as well, it worked great with my first child, however did not work with my second- I ovulated a lot less as I got older
    I was not very overwright when I tookk the metformin, I was only 130 pounds, but it really helped with my ovulating and sugars