5:2 alternate fasting diet

Options
Hi guys,

I'm currently doing the 5:2 diet with great results - over 3 kilos lost in 7 weeks, but have a question in regards to exercising -

I have been exercising on feast days but today exercised on a fast day, now I stick to 500 cals on my fast days and in my workout I burnt 577 cals!! I wanted to know whether like normal dieting you need to replace the calories to get to your daily calorie goal?

It's quite hard to find the answers anywhere!!!

I know the aim is to fast but that's putting me in a deficit if I don't re eat the calories back :-s

Any info or other people's experiences would be really appreciated!

Thanks xx

Replies

• Feebee4
    Feebee4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    according to the book it says don't eat back any calories burned through exercise on a fast day. Did you exercise at the begining of you fast day or at the end?
  • dforester
    Options
    Ah ok. I did the class after I'd eaten the calories. I ended up having something small only because I felt a bit sick with hunger and had worked particularly hard!

Normally ill be sticking to exercising on feast days rather than fast days.

Are you doing the fast diet? How are you finding it?
  • Feebee4
    Options
    hi I've been doing it now for 8 weeks. Find it easier to do when I'm working as keeping busy helps! The first 2 days were the worst! now I don't mind them. I've lost about 5 lbs since starting. I have exercised at the end of a fast day & found it ok and also exercised in the moring of a fast day thinking I'll use up all the stored energy & will really start to burn the fat but became sooo hungry ended up eating back most of my calories burned.
    I'm not really doing it for the health benefits but just to lose weight so although the book says you shouldn't eat back calories it was still a very low caloris intake for the day!
    have you lost much on it? there is a very good suport group of the 5:2 diet on Facebook
  • Feebee4
    Options
    just read your post again 3kg in 7wks. very good results!