Wet running shoes - help!

Options
So today while out running in Canadian melting snow, I stepped in an enormous puddle hidden under snow/ice with one of my shoes. Oops! :tongue: Does anyone have tips to help my awesome running shoes recover? I googled it, however I would love to know if anyone has experience with this. :smile:

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Don't put them in the dryer. You just have to leave them out and let them dry on their own. That will usually happen within 24 hours.

I have heard of some people stuffing them with newspaper but I have never done that.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    +1 to letting them dry naturally in a dry, warm place. Using heaters, hair dryers etc will compromise the uppers and may cause cracking and stitching to become broken.

You could stuff newspaper inside to retain the shape, but chances are you will be wearing them once they are dry.

Please don't put them in a dryer or exposed to strong heat sources
  • brittrose33
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll just let them dry naturally. I really love them so I didn't want them to warp or smell, and I don't have the cash for new ones.
  • kmmuellr
    kmmuellr Posts: 19
    Options
    Do the newspaper thing. Stuff NP into them. In an hour change it out until you notice the amount being absorbed taper off. Then let them air dry in a warm place. As said, avoid major heat sources.

K