gluten freeeeeeeee recipies please!!!!

Options
looking for easy and YUMMY gluten free recipies please! newly diagnosed!
annnnd GO!!!! :) thanks in advance!

Replies

• SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I sometimes post some on my blog (it's pretty much all I do post there).

Friend me and just ask if you see anything in your diary that you like.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    Thanks girls! anybody else??? Beuuuuuuullller.......
  • jenlatham
    jenlatham Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lifesavers: Mexican and South American restaurants and markets, Thai restaurants, and Asian grocery stores (for cheap gluten-free flours and lots of rice noodle options -- just avoid the soy sauce!),

As far as recipes go, the websites listed so far are great, and there are a ton more. My single favorite discovery so far has been AREPAS, which are little South American corn cakes you can use in place of bread. You have to track down PAN AREPA to make them (try your local Mexican or South American market). The just mix 3T of the Pan Arepa with warm water, let sit until it firms up, and fry over low heat in either PAM or 1/4t healthy oil. Let cool slightly, fill with your favorite sandwich fixins. These things rock, and they're only 110 calories with PAM.
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My husband is celiac. Some of our favorite gluten free products are: Pamela's baking mixes, Tinkyada brown rice and quinoa pastas, Canyon Bakehouse bread (in the freezer section), Heartland Gourmet baking mixes, Schaar ready made pizza crust, some of Bob's Red Mill products, Pacific Rim (?) gluten free soups. It does take some adjusting to cook gluten free, but after awhile it does get easier.

Do you use pinterest? Search on there for gluten free recipes.
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
  • sethysgirl
    Options
    These are absolutely the best muffins ever. The recipe is in my Gluten Free for Dummies book...

Banana Chocolate chip muffins
    Non-stick cooking spray
    2 eggs
    1/2 c. Milk
    1/4 c. Vegetable oil
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 tsp. Vanilla
    2 medium bananas, mashed
    1 1/4 c. gluten free flour (I use white rice flour with 1 tsp of Xanthum gum)
    1/2 tsp. Salt
    1/2 tsp. Baking powder
    1/2 tsp. Baking soda
    1/2 c. Chocolate chips
    Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin tin with spray
    In large bowl, beat eggs with a whisk
    Whisk in milk and oil
    whisk in sugar, vanilla, and banana
    Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a small bowl
    slowly stir the dry mixture into the egg mixture until blended
    Stir in Chocolate chips
    Fill muffing tins 3/4 full of batter
    Bake at 350 for 17 minutes.

Per muffin: 143 calories, 6g Fat, 2g saturated fat, 24mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 22g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 11g sugar, 2g protein.
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    thanks everyone :) keep 'em coming!
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bump!

AREPAS were my dietary standard while in college as the corn mix was CHEAP and lasted for a long time. Have to bring that back into the diet.
  • StacieHof
    StacieHof Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoverdkatie.com healthy GF deserts. My family loves the (Better "Finger" Bars) and the (Cookie Pie). I don't even have regular flour in my house and I agree with others who said the more you cook GF the easier it gets. I substitute 1/1 in most of the recipes I make with great success. My favorite flour is Mama's Coconut Blend I use many others but this one acts the most like white flour. I have been cooking GF for around six years my family of seven loves the food and don't even know the difference.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to a meal planning website called the Fresh 20.. it is $5 a month and they have a gluten free menu option. Every week they send you a menu with recipes, grocery list, and nutrition facts for the meals for the week ahead.
  • mcknjack
    mcknjack Posts: 20
    Options
    Crockpot365.blogspot.com is a great resource. The Mom blogged daily for a year regarding crockpot recipes - all recipes are gluten free. I have gotten my best recipes from there! Good luck, it's not nearly as hard as it seems. It's pretty easy to cook gluten free once you get into it and you will be better for it!~
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Just remembered another blog

http://glutenfreegirl.com/
  • laceylucas86
    Options
    thanks everybody, any more??
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I made these the other day and they were AMAZING!!

Ingredients
    •1¼ cups almond meal
    •¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
    •½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
    •½ tsp baking powder
    •¼ teaspoon salt
    •⅓ cup brown sugar (I used coconut palm sugar)
    •1 egg
    •3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
    •½ tsp vanilla extract

Instructions
    1.In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, dark chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt and sugar.
    2.In a separate bowl, beat egg until uniform in color and doubled in volume.
    3.Whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
    4.Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or even overnight.
    5.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    6.Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet with 1-1/2 inch space in between each. Press down slightly to flatten a bit.
    7.Bake until edges begin to brown, 7-10 minutes.
    8.Remove from oven and let cool before serving.

Nutrition Information
    Serving size: 20 cookies; per cookie: Calories: 78 Fat: 6.3 g Saturated fat: 2.9 g Carbohydrates: 5 g Sugar: 3.5 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 1.7 g
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    most things asian because they're usually rice based (just make sure you buy gluten free soy sauce), anything that isn't wheat or barley pretty much, so if you want pasta or something, make it just the same way you would before just use gluten free pasta like rice pasta, and if there's flour or something in the sauce, you can experiment with other things, or cause I'm lazy i just buy gluten free all purpose flour and it hasn't failed me yet.
    make things with rice, quinoa, corn tortillas, corn meal, potatos, instead of bread and pasta and stuff, and then keep everything else the same. When you're making your own food it's VERY easy to be gluten free, you can do any recipe you want gluten free pretty much, just some will take weird mixes of flours and things like this but you can google gluten free _____ recipe and you will find tons, read the reviews, see if any changes should be made and make it.
    I find things to have in the house that are useful: already cooked rice that you just need to microwave, quinoa, veggies, meat, gluten free sandwich bread (udis whole grain, keep frozen, when you want it take your pieces, wrap in paper towel, microwave on high for 30 seconds, and then toast), gluten free bread crumbs, and like gluten free sauces like soy sauce and things like siracha and tabasco and these things that will add flavor. My guess is most of your recipes are already gluten free, and if they're not all it takes is switching 1 ingreident or adding a different side dish or something.
    HOWEVER be careful with the gluten free substitues for things like cookies and breads and such, a lot of times they're much worse for you than their gluten-y counterparts, so just don't go overboard on those.
    Try instead of substituing gluten free things, just changing it to things that are naturally gluten free, like rice, or just not having a carb and having a carb-y vegetable (squash for example)