My 100mile Challenge

Options
Whether it will be just me personally or if anyone else wants to join in, I want to walk (and occassionally run) my way to 100miles starting now until September 8th. I try to get in a mile a day no matter what, so that means I get to amp it up a tad to make the goal. The date isn't for any specific reason, only because it's a few months away. I have started a C25k plan which ends August 7th for me so with that time 3x a week plus my regular walking, it shouldn't be too hard to do. I have made a ticker (I know it's not a mfp one, but I've seen MANY others with it) to track my progress starting with todays walking.

Feel free to jump in and walk 'with me' even if it's just a 10mile by Sept. I take my phone with me as a timer and a music player, which really helps keep me moving and not get burnt out. I change up my route everyday for the same reason. I just want to get up and move around more and help my friends (and potential friends) do the same. There's no weight goal nor calorie counting needed to post, just your miles walked. I'd love to see how far you each walk a week. There's no specific day of the week to post your miles per week, just whenever you get a chance. I do plan on posting mine every Sunday. The best way I've found to get an accurate milage result is by going to mapmyrun.com (also free) and tracking your route there then inputing it into your exercise here. The site even gives you an average mph you walk based on the time you put in that site. I like knowing for sure how fast I was walking rather than guessing if I was moving 2.5 or 3 mph, etc.

I hope to see a few faces join me and walk our way to a healthier life.

XoxoxoX Bru

Replies

• sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'll be bak tomorrow :smile:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandara! Welcome and good luck with the challenge :) Can't wait to see the miles pours in throughout the next few months :) Have a wonderfuul night and enjoy your walks!!
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm in. When is the official start date?
  • CinthiaF
    CinthiaF Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am in Bru. Nice to see you again :flowerforyou:
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    I am in I am going a biggest loser challenge at work and that is actually the day it ends so I am up for the challenge. Good luck 2 u.
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    bump :-) I'm in!
  • mom2boyzinaz
    Options
    I want in how do I get one of the ticker things???
  • vicki9792
    vicki9792 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm in too- just need to get one of those fancy tickers!:wink:
  • kmquirin
    kmquirin Posts: 4
    Options
    I am in! I can't run 2 apps on the iPhone at once, so I can't map my run AND run the C25K program at the same time. I plan on driving my route tomorrow to see what I am doing each day, then I can figure the distance/time to get my speed. More work, but I will make do.
  • NWgardener
    NWgardener Posts: 28
    Options
    OK. I'll give this a shot! I like this challenge--thanks for thinking this up.

exercise.png
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love walking so I am in. Is it any kind of walking or only outside?:smile:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :) I don't know that I'll get in 100 miles because I'm trying to walk 3x/week and do other activities the other days... but for now my goal is just to see how far I get (and have some accountability for those 3 days/week!)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Bumpin' ya Bru! You keep me going on all kinds of challenges! :bigsmile:
  • lubsil
    lubsil Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in with you! So far I've been jogging and walking, I shall count the distances in too! Starting from tues june 08 :D
  • kizzym
    kizzym Posts: 250
    Options
    june 8-sept 8
    sw: 180
    gw by end of june: 175 ibs

exercise.png
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    I'm in. When is the official start date?
    Starting now :)
    I want in how do I get one of the ticker things???
    tickerfactory.com pick out your design and plug in your info and it will give you the code to post in your siggy :)

Wow! So many faces!! A few I see all the time and many new ones too!! Welcome all!! Like I said, you don't have to post on any specific day as many of our schedules vary quite a bit. I'm going to post my weekly totals on Sunday because that day works best for me. Also, you don't have to do the full 100miles. You can make it as short or long as you want! I'm starting my goal for 100miles, depending on where I'm at by my birthday August 4th, I may up it another 50 or so. So we can kind of get to know each other and our styles, here's a few questions and my answers:
    When I walk, I often walk alone. My hubby doesn't walk as fast as me and slows me down a lot. I walk outside, usually going around the neighborhood a few times a week. I also walk to my local mall or Walmart depending on the day. I change my routes up a lot to stay on my toes and not feeling like a routine. So, when you all walk, do you go by yourself? Where to you go? Do you use a treadmill instead? I take my phone with me as a timer and mp3 player. Do you like to listen to music or let your thoughts fly? I walk at least once a day every day, some days slower paced than others. I usually get in a 20-40min walk each time. How often do you walk?
    Can't wait to get to know you better! Hope you all enjoy this challenge and if you don't wanna continue or you plan on stopping before 100miles, that's ok too!! YOu at least tried!! Have a wonderful and healthy week!! Don't forget to stretch and drink your water!!
    XoxoxoX Bru
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    1.5 miles down and 98.5 to go! I'm going to update on Sundays as well. Wanted to answer your questions first!

I almost always walk by myself. If I'm exercising at home to a DVD my 4-year-old might join in for a while, and I want to start walking more with him (little walks like .2 mile to feed the ducks or something like that. I wish we had more interesting destinations we could walk to!) I have several routes around my neighborhood and walk those. I have an iPod shuffle and take it along when I am walking by myself to get a workout instead of just enjoy a stroll. The music keeps me going! :) I just started doing the Conservative Couch to 5K, so I'll be walking 4 times a week for a few weeks, and then walking/running 3 times a week after that. Anything else depends on how I feel! I'm not really sure what to expect as far as distance... today I walked for 15 minutes but had 12-13 minutes of warmup/cooldown time added to that and walked about 1.5 miles total. I'm assuming that when I do walk it will be at least that each time... so about 5 miles a week would be 65 miles workout time plus whatever I add to that with DVD or strolling around! 100 miles just might be doable. :)
  • linkjaylin
    Options
    Im in Bru =)
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Hi Bru

Count me in!

So does pedometer miles count ? Also I a have a few Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Miles... dvd's.... how about those?
  • RushinBruisette
    Options
    As long as you are walking it all counts :) I personally am counting my C25k walks and regular walks, but small shopping trips (less than 45min) I am NOT counting, but that's just me. I wanted a challenge with as little 'guidelines' as possible.. just have fun and enjoy walkking :) Hope to see many, if not all of you reach 100miles :) XoxoxoX Bru