Rewards for loosing weight

Options
UGH! It should say Rewards for LOSING weight.

can't figure out how to delete or edit the title...

Whenever I reach a goal I like to reward myself in some manner. My initial reaction is to say "Great, you did it! Now eat a cupcake!" That is obviously not healthy and defeats the whole purpose! Does anyone have any inexpensive/free reward ideas?? I don't want to spend much money (or any!) .

Replies

• kekpron
    kekpron Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Massage is my favorite though depending on your health care it may or may not be an expense (you may also try to convince your significant other for a free alternative -- they are benefiting from a healthier you as well!).

Other good options --
    - A nice soak and read in the tub (pan the kids off on someone for the night if applicable)
    - As you mentioned a single cup-cake is not a bad option it is when you start rewarding every pound lost with one that it becomes a bit of a problem :P
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    The best reward I ever get is to sleep in. Those 5am runs take their toll.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    New workout clothes/running shoes?
  • dramallamaduck
    dramallamaduck Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My reward for 20 lbs lost is going to be a pedicure... I'm saving money now, so that I can afford it.

What about a night out with a friend or 2? No kids, just got hang out and laugh?
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My first is a pedicure this weekend!!!! Massages work for a nice reward. When I hit my ultimate goal I am getting my hair redone :)
  • legaline
    legaline Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i get a manicure/pedicure for every 5 lbs lost. now that i'm getting closer to goal, that only happens every few months, so i feel like its money well spent :)
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    I do things like buy new workout gear, groupon a Pilate course, massage, mani & pedi, new fun ear buds. Anything that makes you happy & smile works. ????
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    My first is a pedicure this weekend!!!! Massages work for a nice reward. When I hit my ultimate goal I am getting my hair redone :)

Love the reward of a new do when you hit your ultimate goal! This shall be my goal as well. :happy:
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    For every 5 pounds I also get a pedicure. I love having pretty toes.
    When I reach my first GW (175) I'm getting a new hair color & cut
    At my UGW (145ish) new wardrobe!!
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    great suggestions! Especially the sleeping in one and a night out with my girlfriends. I LOVE my babies but time away from them is a nice break. I get time away from the kids at the gym, but that isn't what I'd call fun or relaxing!
  • nikkizmom1962
    nikkizmom1962 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have decided that for every 10 lbs that is gone I buy a Pandora or Chamilia bead this way it works to help me stay on track and I look forward to the next bead. When I look at the bracelet it reminds of why I am on this journey and why I will stay on this journey forever..........
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    getting myself a uv nail drying light and gel top coat to do my own color gel nails
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    when I get to my perfect goal and my skin is right, im getting an entire tattoo sleeve done :) I got a new tattoo for every 7odd pounds I lost <3
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Last time I got a tattoo on my right arm.
    This next time i'm going to get me a shake at the strip club. I like B( o )( o )BIES. :bigsmile: :drinker:

ETA: OP inexpensive ideas I have no clue... probably do like some others have said and do some thing for your self like get your nails done or massages are excellent. Any type of improvement to your self is a reward.
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For each 10% I lose, I intend to do something small for myself- buy a new candle or picture frame (Im a hobbyist photographer). When I get halfway to my goal, I am gonna do the mani-pedi thing.. And when I'm at my UGW, it's MAKEOVER TIME, BABY!! :smokin:
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I just hit two goals today, so I got a new mascara and a cd. Next goal I'll get another cd and highlights for Spring.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    When I got under 200 lbs, it was a shopping spree! Then when I hit 185, my realistic goal, I got a new piercing. When I get to my ultimate goal of 170, it's tattoo time!