Day 2 of my coke addiction

Options

Replies

• PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Nic and I too am a recovering Diet Dr Pepper addict.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    add a lemon or lime wedge! Low calorie and good for you!
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I put fruits in mine - blackberries you have to crush to get any flavor and sometimes they just taste like dirt
    I also mix up the fruit - for instance:
    lemon/raspberry
    strawberry/blueberry/blackberry
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    1310033727_john_lennon_snorting_coke.gif
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Try mineral water like Pellegrino. I like the fact that it has carbonation for when I have a craving.
  • Hughes79
    Hughes79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice...lots of it. I can only really stand spring water. Some restaurant water just erks me. I usually order unsweetened ice tea in that instance. I used to drink lots of coke and Mt dew in my 20's and teens, a few trips to the dentist will change your mind... logging /drinking calories starts to not make sense also. It's like, wouldn't you rather eat a burger, or drink two cans of sugar? ...Don't answer..lol.
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Okay Okay not THAT COKE just coke the soda.... I have not had a coke in 2 days. ive been a HUGE coke drinker since well I don't remember back when I wasn't. Yesterday all I wanted was a coke. It sounds crazy a drink would have such a hold. All I drank yesterday was juice no I didn't look at anything on the package sure it wasn't much healthier then coke but oh well... throughout the morning and afternoon. was juice and by 6pm just water. I hate water I feel like I don't get anything from it but I know drinking coke is where most of my calories come from and it just needed to stop. today all I have had is water don't seem to be wanting a coke but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Does any one get flavors to put in their water if so what brand,flavor, etc? cause plain water well its just nasty.

Try drinking just one at dinner, then you have something to look forward to.

1 soda a day = 15 pounds a year
  • naschulze
    naschulze Posts: 98
    Options
    I used to drink soda all the time since I worked at a movie theatre and could drink all I wanted for free. When I decided to give it up I started with flavored carbonated water (usually in the bottled water section). They are pretty good, come in a few different flavors, and satisfied my craving for something sweet and carbonated without overdoing it. I gradually started subbing that for flavored wate and juice (not much because of the amount of sugar it has). My favorite flavored water is propel, it has a great flavor. Now I mostly drink plain old water, but it was definitely a process to get to this point.

:)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Try a water filter, like the Brita pitcher filter (not too expensive). Water shouldn't have much of a taste, much less a nasty taste. I've definitely had some nasty-tasting tap water as I've moved around the country, though.

And here's what you get out of it: hydration.

I love the taste of sparkling water poured over sliced strawberries; so good!

Good for you giving up the Coke.
  • rickb26
    rickb26 Posts: 6
    Options
    I understand where your coming from.. I was addicted to Coke Zero , until my doctor told me that was worse that Coke..... I've been off the stuff for about three months, and drink nothing but water all day long except for my Morning tea
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh man - quitting soda is so hard! I used to be a die-hard Diet Dr. Pepper fanatic and quit cold turkey. I switched to plain water and iced tea. About 6 months later I bought a single can of Diet Dr. Pepper to take with me to the beach and it was so disappointing - not nearly as good as I remembered.

My husband recently quit soda as well - he misses the bubbles so he drinks sparkling water. There are some that have some lemon or lime flavor but no sweetness and they're pretty good. I also have put lemon, mint and cucumber in a pitcher of water and let it soak overnight. It gave the water some flavor.

Good luck - try to stay away from the mios and crystal lights if you can - you're just trading one addiction for another and they're all just chemicals.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post and probably have. I used to drink 3-4 cans a day. I quit the regular coke the end of January this year. I need the carbonation or it is just bland to me. I also detest water. I have to force myself to drink it. I have been drinking the Sparkling Ices. They are like a flavored 0 calorie sparkling vitamin water. They do have splenda in them, but I figure it is better than aspertame. I drink a half bottle a day and it quenches my thirst for a carbonated beverage. I drink tea or water the rest of the day. I flavor my water with berries or citrus slices and maybe some herbs like mint or rosemary.
  • blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda about 4 years ago and havent craved it since. I drink a lot of seltzer though! Its a great substitute without the sugar or calories.
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love seltzer. At first it has a weird taste that you have to get used to (sparkling water just was funny to me in the beginning) and now that is like my soda. Granted it's not water and I probably should have water more often but I love seltzer. And it comes in a lot of flavors!
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this I have been on the fence about quitting drinking Cherry Coke for a month or so now and just haven't done it. I like water but just not sure I can do it... I also drink lots of green tea.
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Amy. I'm a Coke Zero addict. I love it, I crave it and I want it all the time. I know how bad it is for me so I'm mostly off the stuff. It took about two weeks to feel better, but I did.

I've found it truly is like a drug to some people. I thought I could 'treat' myself to a Coke Zero once or twice a week. That started creeping up into having one or two a day again. It has to stop. Its time to face going cold turkey again and then staying strong and not having any at all.

Good luck to you in breaking your addiction. I know we can all do it if we put our minds to it!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    cause plain water well its just nasty.

a little context here:

frabz-SO-YOURE-TELLING-ME-yOU-HAVE-SO-MUCH-CLEAN-WATER-tHAT-YOU-CRAP-I-5ed7a6.jpg

FWP. SMH.
  • serenitygranted11
    Options
    I love (the Walmart brand) flavored water packets (for water bottles) Pomegranate Lemonde and the reg. lemonade... I also like crystal light Liquid has zero calories of course i like the strawberry lemonade flavor

Oh my mom has a pepsi addiction she's been trying to cut back she love the ice tea flavor packs
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    cause plain water well its just nasty.

a little context here:

frabz-SO-YOURE-TELLING-ME-yOU-HAVE-SO-MUCH-CLEAN-WATER-tHAT-YOU-CRAP-I-5ed7a6.jpg

FWP. SMH.

QFT
  • JulesAtkinson1
    JulesAtkinson1 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Okay Okay not THAT COKE just coke the soda.... I have not had a coke in 2 days. ive been a HUGE coke drinker since well I don't remember back when I wasn't. Yesterday all I wanted was a coke. It sounds crazy a drink would have such a hold. All I drank yesterday was juice no I didn't look at anything on the package sure it wasn't much healthier then coke but oh well... throughout the morning and afternoon. was juice and by 6pm just water. I hate water I feel like I don't get anything from it but I know drinking coke is where most of my calories come from and it just needed to stop. today all I have had is water don't seem to be wanting a coke but who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Does any one get flavors to put in their water if so what brand,flavor, etc? cause plain water well its just nasty.

Try drinking just one at dinner, then you have something to look forward to.

^^^This. I am a Diet Coke addict. I drink water all day (usually 12-14 glasses) and I have ONE Diet Coke at the end of the day with my evening meal. If I can't hold out til then, I just get one and then drink water in the evening. I used to drink 4-6 cans daily. Now down to one. Not sure I can do without the one. :)