Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is your cellulite diminishing with exercise?

I have only just started doing the Shred by Jullian Michaels, and I am really surprised to see what appears to be diminishing cellulite on my butt and thighs. I weigh 205 lbs and have a 13 week old baby(I gained 20-22lbs with the pregnancy, and lost all but 5-9 lbs of it). I have only lost a pound since starting and I'm in level 2 day 2 today (though finding time to work out has been difficult. Plus my baby and hubby were both sick and baby ended up in the hospital, which threw off my diet/exercise routine). Anyway, I feel myself getting stronger with each workout. I did take before pictures, but did not measure. I wish I had taken a close-up of my thighs before I am wondering whether I'm kidding myself, but it really does seem like my thighs are becoming smoother. So, I'm wondering, have other people experienced this? Please feel free to post before/after pics.

Replies

• RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Not at all for me... in fact, I think it got a bit worse due to looser skin after the fat loss.

But then I had a lot of it even when I was tiny and buff. *shrugs*
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    I feel like I noticed that too with the 30DS. But now that I've stopped working out, although I've lost 2 more pounds, I feel like my cellulite as gone back to normal :( Maybe something about the increased blood flow from working out helps plump things up so cellulite is less noticeable?
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Mine did. When I was thin but not really fit it did go away but if I got dehydrated or put on a little weight it came back with a vengeance. Now that I'm more muscular it's gone... I like to think the muscle just pushes it out - haha - okay, people I know that's not how it works. But, I only get it on the back of my thighs. So, if I work on my hammies the muscles pushes it out ;)
  • The first three weeks when I first started exercising, it seemed like my cellulite got a lot worse. It was really discouraging.
    I didn't have a lot of it, but definitely noticeable, but after the three weeks it looked about 10 times worse.
    Now that I've lost some weight , watch my calories and try to work out at least 30 m
  • Sorry, hit send accidentally.
    ... At least 30 minutes every day, I've noticed that the back of my legs are almost completely smooth (knock on wood lol), and the tops of my arms look a lot firmer than they were, the bumps are visible if I really squeeze my skin.
    I try to get in some stationary bike almost every day, but not sure if my legs got better because of the pedaling or the overall weight loss.
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Yes! =) A co-worker and I are in our 4th week of doing CrossFit and we've both independently noticed that our dimply areas aren't as dimply.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Cellulite won't go away in a 30 day period IMO.. it requires effort over time. I noticed the cellulite on my thighs is slowly starting to disappear but I am in my third month of exercise. I started at 23.5/24" and now I'm 21"
  • I've been doing this since January 1st , and started to notice improvements about a week or two ago.
    Still a ways to go, but encouraging =)
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    yes
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Mine has fortunately pretty much completely disappeared since I lost all of my weight, although I can't say if it's from the weight loss itself or from running, or both. I don't care how or why it happened, I'm just glad that it's gone the way of the dodo. However, I just wish it would have brought its friend, loose skin, with it when it left the building. :laugh:
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Mine has fortunately pretty much completely disappeared since I lost all of my weight, although I can't say if it's from the weight loss itself or from running, or both. I don't care how or why it happened, I'm just glad that it's gone the way of the dodo. However, I just wish it would have brought its friend, loose skin, with it when it left the building. :laugh:

I can't wait to see where I end up. I had always believed that once one has cellulite, it is there to stay.