i need opinions! (includes pictures)

Options
hey guys! okay, so i need your trusted opinions.. heres my story:
im 18 years old, 6'1'' and currently 205 pounds. i started my weight loss journey this summer at 260 pounds (my heaviest I've ever been).
at first i really saw my body changing. my stomach flattened, my arms thinned, and my legs tightened. but once reached about 225 (halfway to my goal of 200 pounds) i stopped seeing my body change.

now, i do have body dimorphic disorder, so maybe its just that I don't see my body changing when it really is, but i honestly don't see a difference from when i weighed 230 pounds (my first comparison picture i took) and where i am now. (unfortunately, i didnt think to take a before picture so i don't have a picture at 260, except myself fully clothed and you cant really tell how much I've lost.)

so I'm posting a comparison of myself at those two weights (230 and 205(now)) and i want to know if any of you can really see a difference..
thanks for your time guys, i really appreciate it (:

bbfa2c5d-debd-43cf-a19a-bcc24e4aa9ab_zps2c7f7b7f.jpg

Replies

• PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I can't see the 205 picture :( I can see the 230 one very well.
    Can you repost it or make it smaller? I will check back!

I see it now.
    You look incredible. I am going to be honest. I don't see a HUGE difference but, I can tell that you have lost inches off of your arms and your waist is much smaller. You look great. I know that disorder is hard for you to live with but, allow other's to be honest and take their opinions to heart. You look absolutely incredible. Add me if you want :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You definitely look like you've lost. I can see it in the arms and stomach.
  • virtualjunkyard
    virtualjunkyard Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can see it in your legs.
  • 2LoveEnnisMccall6
    Options
    yeah i can see your arms are more toned and the stomach as lifted, excellent.
    i get where your're coming from with not being able to tell,
    im like that but more i look at it i can finally tell :)
  • alishawesomesauce
    Options
    I can tell. If you look around your stomach where your shorts start, it's a lot smoother. Also, your arms look smaller by several inches. You should take measurements every 10 pounds or something, I think it would help you realize your progress. You look great, keep it up!
  • LoonyLovegood8
    Options
    You can tell in your waist, in your stomach, in your arms! You look fab, keep going!
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I see a big change. Keep up the good work!
  • rachaelheaney
    Options
    Well, I can definitely see a difference in your hair! :laugh:

No, in all seriousness, you can see that you've lost inches for sure. Look at how much more streamlined your arms are! Your stomach has lifted, your waist has shrunk, and from what I can see of your legs in this picture they've definitely tightened up too. Just look at your legs in your main photo, girl! Look at that definition in your calves and thigh muscles! You've been working hard, and it damn sure shows. :heart:
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! i know that i must have lost weight since the scale has dropped a significant number..i just wish i could see it! you all have really helped (:
  • sierra_12
    Options
  • sierra_12
    Options
    Well, I can definitely see a difference in your hair! :laugh:

No, in all seriousness, you can see that you've lost inches for sure. Look at how much more streamlined your arms are! Your stomach has lifted, your waist has shrunk, and from what I can see of your legs in this picture they've definitely tightened up too. Just look at your legs in your main photo, girl! Look at that definition in your calves and thigh muscles! You've been working hard, and it damn sure shows. :heart:

i don't know why i didnt see this reply earlier! but thank you so much girl, coming from another tall woman and MFP friend, it means a lot! you see how hard i work every day and I'm glad that you think it is paying off! (:
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    yup I can see some change :) keep it up! soon you'll see and feel the changes too!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I can see some minor changes. It is part of the curse of being tall. Your weight changes will not be as visible as they would be on someone shorter. There is actually a thread on this in one of the Tall Women groups.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/731094-tall-girls-and-visible-weight-loss

I know it can be horribly frustrating, and I still feel that at at my current weight, I do not look much different than I did 15 or so pounds more, but I can tell in the fit of my clothes that I am a little smaller.
  • sierra_12
    Options
    I can see some minor changes. It is part of the curse of being tall. Your weight changes will not be as visible as they would be on someone shorter. There is actually a thread on this in one of the Tall Women groups.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/731094-tall-girls-and-visible-weight-loss

I know it can be horribly frustrating, and I still feel that at at my current weight, I do not look much different than I did 15 or so pounds more, but I can tell in the fit of my clothes that I am a little smaller.

i joined the group! i had no idea there was a group just for us outrageously tall women lol! it is a lot harder to see it since i am so tall, but its just so frustrating!
    I've lost 55 pounds so far, but i have no idea where the weight came from! the only thing that i can tell is smaller is my boobs lol and those have shrunk over a cup size..
    thanks for the opinions everyone! (:
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options

i joined the group! i had no idea there was a group just for us outrageously tall women lol! it is a lot harder to see it since i am so tall, but its just so frustrating!
    I've lost 55 pounds so far, but i have no idea where the weight came from! the only thing that i can tell is smaller is my boobs lol and those have shrunk over a cup size..
    thanks for the opinions everyone! (:

There is at least one other tall women group. I know I am a member of two. I had to join because the numbers for them made so much more sense for me, I hated seeing posts about people feeling so fat at 150 when that is my ultimate goal weight.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Me too!

Do you have side shots??
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Yes, you look thinner.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yes, you look more toned I think. Maybe you should take a picture of your backside... could be there's more to this story to tell. My weight loss def shows back there! :wink:
  • sierra_12
    Options

Me too!

Do you have side shots??

no, unfortunately i don't ): i didnt even think about it, honestly lol but yesterday, when i took that second picture, i took one from the front, side, and front with arms up to the side (i will take a back one too) and i will post again later when i reach my goal weight (: