After 3 years, the top finally fits!!!! Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaa!!!!

Options
Claudina
Claudina Posts: 26 Member
[Ok, please forgive me for this because I'm not sure how it'll turn out nor where - I've read and commented on posts, but had/have no clue how to post one or if this should have been a blog instead. And sorry that I tend to blab. Reading this is up to you, I'm just happy to express myself, even if not intelligibly. hehe]

Someone else mentioned a success today and was told to share it, and I realized maybe I should just shout out my happiness...

2.5 years ago I was sooooo close to my goal and only needed to tone up to reach it. I got into a relationship and I dunno, ballooned more than I ever thought possible, for me. Anyway, the Spring before that relationship I was losing weight and had bought this cute top in hopes of wearing it that spring. Well, I didn't lose, then the relationship came and I was again big by the next spring....until now. I've been mentally noting my 'biggest weight ever', of which I've now had 3. During this current weight loss trip (that started early 2009 when I started losing due to a cough I had for 7 months) I've mentally noted when I got under my true biggest weight ever (160), then was happy when I got under my old big weight from a few years ago (146). I kinda sat around there for months and months it seemed, between 146ish and back up into low 150s for a loooong time. Even though I'd lost the initial 10-15 lbs, I must admit I started thinking lately that maybe I won't make it and should just deal with how I am, especially as it's still hard for me to keep an exercise routine (am living more actively, but do need exercise). MFP has helped me not to quit, since there are so many success stories coming from all types of people (those who diet, work out, work out a lot, have a hard time, are improving health or need to, etc. Basically, anyone can find someone/people they can relate to and learn from on MFP. Some posters do intimidate me, those that seem like they have the exercise thing down pat and to miss a day is not imaginable (when for me, to exercise for a day is great, compared to nothing), but overall I just try to focus on the inspirational element and realize we're all not at same level.

So... As time went by these weights I'd occasionally try to see how the shirt fit, and it was pretty sad. Especially since I'd already gotten soooo close when I bought it (kinda got mad that I let the relationship fatten me, but oh well). UGH. I sometimes thought, darn, maybe I should have returned it after all. Anyway, recently that standstill started to change and in the last few weeks my weight has gone down a LOT faster... So that as of this weekend, I am UNDER my first 'biggest weight ever' (135). I'm at 133 today, 8 lbs from my GW. I tried out the shirt and finally took off the tags cuz baby - it FITs!!!! FINALLY!!!! I wanted to wear it for sooooooo long. It's different than the fact that I'm now buying smaller clothes (though holding most to then have 'em taken in), because it was there as sort of a reward, that I finally earned!!!! I wore it for the first time in 3 years today, and got compliments (on the shirt, lol, but I was just beaming because I know what it took to fit into it, it was the one item I didn't give away thinking it'd never fit, and I'm proud of that, esp as I like to not make goals, so as not to fail, I know bad). Anyway, I am just so happy to have this accomplishment. That's all I want to say (a million sentences later, lol).

If you read this, thanks, and good luck to you on your journey! :)

Replies

• xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! Believe me, I know all too well about the relationship "bloat"! I also know about that :shirt that almost fits". I have a shirt from many more than 3 years ago that I keep for the very same reason...it almost fits!! You have given me inspiration to fit into it again!! (Although, I was only a 36 C when I wore it last and now I am a 42 DD so my hopes are high! LoL! :laugh: )
  • sunnyskys
    sunnyskys Posts: 43
    Options
    That is awesome I have a bikini I love that i havent worn in 2 yrs. i keep it in hopes that it will someday fit!
    You have given me inspiration
    Congratulations sweetie you deserve it!
  • Claudina
    Options
    I am so touched, thank you guys!!! I was about to delete the post because after I saved it, I thought, it's big, it's more of a story and maybe should be a blog (but had a hard time figuring out how to start a blog). I went back to copy this into the blog, and saw the replies. I'm touched! :) Beaming! I'm glad it helped. LOVE helping people.

RE: 36 C, don't lose faith, it'll still work. I had had a reduction 9 yrs ago (partially med reasons tho) from 36DD back to my normal 36C. Was just recently sized and apparently I'm back to 36D (a low one, but still, couldn't believe they got BIGger as I'm getting smaller. Oh well.) But the shirt still fit. So, worry not about your two friends, just focus on your goal and they will fit in. (I did buy non-padded bras tho, which helps.) ;)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    awesome job....getting into a relationship can do it to you...i got my third highest ever (245)after meeting my husband just over 10 yrs ago and then after baby number #1 got to my highest ever (260) and then after baby #2 got to my second highest ever (253.8)...i'm only about 10lbs from the weight (210) i was when i met my husband ( i just realized this as i type) and can't wait to get to my lowest ever with him in the near future...not sure if he will know what to do with me as a skinny chick :wink:

anyway, congrats and keep up the good work...
  • angela75022
    angela75022 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    First of all... ramble away... I do it too lol
    Second... CONGRATS!!!

I have sports bras I bought about 3 yrs ago and a floor mat I had never taken out of the package...
    Yesterday, I put on one of the bras and OMGosh it fit and I used the heck out of that floor mat lol

:flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That is truly fantastic, You should share a photo of you and that shirt!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I've bought many clothes in "hopes" they'll fit. They're in my closet waiting to be worn. I tried on one dress (that I could never wear because my rolls were prominent) and I can almost wear it without seeing the lumps on my sides. I can definitely relate!!! :happy: I agree, we need a picture of this cute top!
  • jbogo1
    jbogo1 Posts: 28
    Options
    When I lost a lot of weight a few years back, i got down to 140 and felt really great. I bought an amazing silk dress for $50.00 ( off of $395.00!!! ) It was a little tight, but I bought it anyway, figuring that I would lose another 5-10 lbs and it would fit perfect. Right after I bought the dress, I began to gain all of my weight back.

That dress still hangs in my closet waiting for me to reach my goal. I am going to get into it this time!
  • Claudina
    Options
    To bluiz13, angela75022, & arielle0489, everyone: Congrats to you all!!! :drinker: Everyone's responses and kind words have really made my day today and last night. I'm proud of everyone's accomplishments. Thanks for the inspiration YOUR replies give ME.

I'm proud of Ms. future skinny chick, Ms. "ramble away", thank you for that :), and Ms. no lumps - I very much relate (I still have my back titties though, but now they hide under bras vs. squeezing out like they had been, lol).

jbogorad1, you most certainly will. :flowerforyou:

Now mamagooskie, you had to put me on the spot. :blushing: hahaha Well, the shirt is in the wash, but I'll try to remember to take a pic next time. hehe

Another shirt-story that has a pic: In my current profile you can see a yellow shirt which happens to be a current fav. I bought it a couple of months ago and loved, got loads of compliments, and got matching shoes for it (I've never owned yellow shoes but these ROCK). Wore it ever other week, but was happy to recently have to buy a second one in a smaller size (& luckily on sale) because I in-grew (what would be the opposite of outgrew? lol) the original. The profile pic is from last Thursday, the first day I wore the smaller one. :)

Take care MFP family! :)
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I think these types of milestones and achievements mean so much more than the number on the scale. I look forward to the day I can post a similar experience. WTG!!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a fun way to measure your accomplishments. I do have a question for you and my weight will just not budge these last 3-5 pounds....what changed that helped your weight to start dropping again? Some folks are telling me I am at "my body's true weight", but I know I need to lose these last 5 pounds!!!! It seems I drop to my low, then a week later I am back up 2-3 pounds, and back it forth it has been going for over a month now. Anyway, kudos to you and enjoy your continued success. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    Options
    Congratulations!! I think these types of milestones and achievements mean so much more than the number on the scale. I look forward to the day I can post a similar experience. WTG!!

I totally agree! The way our clothes fit us (better) is a great indication that we're doing something good, something positive for ourselves and that it's working! I hate the scale!

And congrats on fitting into the shirt!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!