Couch to 10k

Options
Anyone completed this or used a similar app? Did it work!?

Replies

• mrjasper25
    Options
    I have not used an app like this, but I do know that when it comes to training & running you can achieve goals you never thought were attainable! Just take your time and follow your training schedule. Good luck. Enjoy
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I started with the couch to 5k app even though my first big race was a 10k. I was in pretty horrible shape when I started so I thought it would be easier to ease myself into running.

That being said, I tried the 10k app too and didn't really like it. That could be possibly because the particular app I downloaded wasn't exactly impressive or (more likely) my body had adapted to running and I found that I could push myself without any sort of program or app required.

I would recommend, regardless of which application you choose, to consider getting the premium version so that you can track to actual distance traveled rather than just the time you were running.

Good luck, btw! Running is great!
  • Fitkorry
    Fitkorry Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks both! Looking forward to getting started tonight!
  • Fitkorry
    Options
    Tried it tonight and it was brilliant! Really motivating and managed 30 mins with no trouble at ll!
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Couch to 5k right now to start! Good luck with your journey!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The program really works. I finished C25K and am now on week 11 of 10K Trainer same company. I could barely run for 30 seconds when I began and on my last running day I did 3 sets of jogging for 18 minutes with 1 minute walking between them. Good luck to you.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i started the One Hour Runner program after finishing the C25K but couldnt get very far with it since the treadmills at my gym shut down after 30 mins. My new gym keeps them going for 60 mins so i am going to start it again soon
  • Fitkorry
    Options
    What apps do you all use and what do you like/dislike about them?
  • Fitkorry
    Options
    The program really works. I finished C25K and am now on week 11 of 10K Trainer same company. I could barely run for 30 seconds when I began and on my last running day I did 3 sets of jogging for 18 minutes with 1 minute walking between them. Good luck to you.

Amazing!! You've inspired me! :)
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 4 of C25K, at the start I struggled to run for a minute, now I'm running for 5 with no problems. I recommend the program.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Amazing!! You've inspired me! :)

Thank you:flowerforyou:

I also train outside (weather permitting) it is far more fun and realistic than the dreadmill. You should sign up for a 5K that is scheduled a few months out and go for it. Most 5K's have people at all levels. I have my second next Saturday and plan on blowing the time of my first one done in October away.
  • Fitkorry
    Options
    I did the second day of week 1 today and it felt easier already! I felt like I could go a little bit faster on the running parts as I knew what to expect - love it! Although does anyone feel silly stopping and starting when running outside? I feel like people are looking at me like I'm stupid!