Is the INSANITY DVDs worth buying?

Options
I was thinking of getting the insanity DVDs and I just wanted to see what ppl think of these DVDs. Did you do any other training as well as the DVDs, like running etc or did you just do the DVDs and get results? Do you need extra equipment? Thanks

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    The only thing you need is you. It's cardio full tilt and uses your own body weight. I started 3 weeks ago and am getting stronger every day. As long as you are willing to make the commitment it is absolutely worth the money. I haven't lost a lot on the scale but I have (in 3 weeks mind you) dropped 2 pants sizes and gone from XL shirts to L. I don't "see" it in the mirror yet but I certainly see it in my wardrobe!
  • 2LoveEnnisMccall6
    Options
    i was looking to get insanity but i really think its way too much money
    i found this and it looks well worth the money
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/X-TrainFit-At-Home-Workout-Complete/dp/B004ODAVZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362691484&sr=8-1

it has amazing reviews only odd negative one but have a look at it and see what you think.
    i ordered it yesterday and i cant wait :)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    look on ebay and craigslist, you can find it for around 60 bucks.
  • RunMumRun1
    RunMumRun1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's where I was looking. Only $60. I thought that was cheap. Just checking to see what ppl think of it.

Thanks for the idea of the other workout site.
  • Slim2k
    Slim2k Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I bought insanity and its been worth every penny. I was worried it was jusy a gimmick and it took me about 6 months to order. I have had my return. It beats a gym membership easily.

You need to be disciplined though, 63 days is a long slog and it hurts a lot the first 2 weeks and the 6th week
    We are not fit, but our bodies changed, we now do it twice a week. (we completed a round last November).
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am only on my fourth day but it's totally worth it... I had been working out at least once a day, sometimes twice for a couple months and I was not prepared for how intense it is. I can tell a difference in just these four days (nothing crazy major but I see changes). You have to be ready to work and you absolutely will collapse at the end in a pool of sweat - they are not exaggerating that part at all.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I finished it about less than a month ago and I"d say it's worth it. I'm thinking about doing it again at some point.

As for the price: Yes, it IS expensive however I would be wary of buying it off of Craigslist or from some other dealer that's not Beach Body (I am NOT associated with them in any way, shape, or form) because from the reviews on Amazon it seems like there are a lot of pirated versions floating around out there and the last thing you want to do is drop even $60 on something that's fake and a piece of crap.

FYI: Someone I know dropped probably $100 on Rosetta Stone from someone selling it off of Craigslist and it ended up being fake.
  • rylovesty23
    Options
    YES.
    I got mine on ebay for much cheaper :)
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I got it used from Amazon Marketplace-that way, if it turned out to be fake, Amazon would take it back.