I need a workout routine

Options
I think my body is getting tired of the same routine. I usually run a 5k every night and throw some weights in there every now and then but I need change. I think my body is getting used to the same thing. Any ideas on what I can do for fat buring and muscle toning workouts? Thanks!:wink:

Replies

• freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Try running as fast as you can for a mile or so one day, try ellipticals or cycling, try running as far as you possibly can (I cover the screen with a towel/shirt so I can't see it and just watch tv or listen to music) in one go, though not as fast.
  • mfavela83
    mfavela83 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I've heard people say run as fast as you can for 5 min and then slow down for 5 min. They say repeat that 3 times. I just didn't know if it worked or not.
  • mindysoo
    mindysoo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Do you like DVD workouts? I recommend Jillian Michaels because she incorporates muscle toning, cardio and abs (love her Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred as well as the Body Revolution). They're challenging and time effective!
  • mfavela83
    mfavela83 Posts: 23
    Options
    I actually enjoy going to my local YMCA/gym. It is my time to get away.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Check out http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/
    He has lots of odd ball fun routines.
    I was doing the Angry Bird one before I started at the gym.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I've heard people say run as fast as you can for 5 min and then slow down for 5 min. They say repeat that 3 times. I just didn't know if it worked or not.

I can't even run as fast as I can for 5 mins, I'm at the stage right now where I can maybe squeak in an 11:30 mile, and I have to take breaks to walk in there, hahah. but I definitely variate. I've gotten almost 3 minutes faster in the two months I've been running again. I start by running like 5.5 mph then switch to walking for a couple minutes when I can't take it any more than go up to 5.6 until I need to walk again and do that until my calves hurt or I run out of water, hahah