I'm a serial MFP-Quitter

Options
How many accounts have I had here? I don't know, I can't remember.

I first joined in 2009.

I kept trying something new, too fast, too often. never getting anywhere. Deciding it wasn't for me, I'd rather just be chubby, etc.
Then getting disgusted with myself, and coming back. Lather, rinse and repeat.
I've finally clicked with the fat2fit radio method of eating like the slim person you want to become.

I'm 30 this year. I work full time and have two kids (8 & 9). My kids are not my life. I also have two dumbass handbag dogs. OK the dogs are my husband's, but somehow I ended up with the responsibility. I love funny cat stuff. I love to read and watch TV. I run, a little, and not well. I'm doing 30DS because my gut is frickin disgusting. I have little boobies and it sticks out more than my boobs do. That's not cool.
I live in New Zealand. I am very sarcastic. I love cricket.

So, here's what I want:
I want friends who don't try and tell me what I should do. When I fall off the wagon, i don't want advice or commiseration; have a laugh with me while I pick myself back up again.
I don't want fake support, please stop right there with the WTG, Well done, good job etc on every entry.
I want friends who are real people, who make mistakes from time to time, and who sometimes say "screw it" and eat the damn cheesecake and don't bother trying to justify it.
If you're a perfect, clean eater please hit the back button and don't add me. Likewise if you're an 'inspiration'.
But, along with being real people, I don't want whiners. Or hypochondriacs. Or people who insist they're that special snowflake. Or people who try a new fad every week. Or people who are full of excuses why not.
Open (ar at least friends only) diary is a must. I don't care if you miss a day here and there.
If you spend more than 4 hours a week at the gym, we're probably not right for each other.
SAHMs are OK, but not if you use your kids as an excuse or it's all you ever talk//complain about. I have two of my own and that's more than enough kid in my day, tyvm.
Please no Hobbitlovers.

What can I offer you?
An open diary that I try to fill in every day, but sometimes I forget. With a mix of good food and bad food.
I can't offer a comment on every entry, but I can promise they're genuine and actually mean something when I do make them.
Suggestions, when, and only when, they are asked for.
Nil judgement on your calorie goals or food/exercise choices.
Humour, sarcasm and the occasional ball out of left field.
Virtual cookies, because lets face it, we're all here for the cookies.

Replies

• wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You sound awesome yet terrifying. :flowerforyou:
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You sound awesome yet terrifying. :flowerforyou:

:laugh:
    If you don't mind, I'm going to steal that line
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I sent you a FR. Now I'm nervous. Like, job interview nervous.
  • lilacinfinity
    Options
    I sent you a FR. Now I'm nervous. Like, job interview nervous.

Your line about icecream made me LOL
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Glad that somebody else is also doing this fat 2 fit style. It's the best thing I've ever heard and makes so much sense it's made me wonder why I didn't think of it myself.

I know what you mean about not being judgmental as well!
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    You sound wonderful. I'm adding you immediately where you'll be able to see my own mix of bad and good food.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    That's quite the requirement list. Apparently I don't fit the bill because I say "good job" or "awesome burn" too much (even though I only comment when I mean it, I just have too many people I'm following to know them on an intimate level so I keep it brief), and I love Hobbits. Too bad, because I'm pretty awesome and supportive. Though I wouldn't go so far as to swell my ego with 'inspirational'-- my food diary is full of crap some days just like everyone else.

As someone who also quit and came back two or three times myself, I truly wish you the best of luck this time around.
  • slimnicola01
    Options
    Have sent you a request however forgot to mention that my worst flaw is I say yay... alot :smokin:
  • lilacinfinity
    Options
    As someone who also quit and came back two or three times myself, I truly wish you the best of luck this time around.

Thanks - nice to know I'm not the only one!
  • BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It sounds like requirements for a job. I haven't been on a job interview in forever, I would be nervous.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers!
  • candy102389
    Options
    LOL LOL! QUESTION WHAT IS THAT FIT TI WHATEVER STYLE?
  • lilacinfinity
    Options
    It sounds like requirements for a job. I haven't been on a job interview in forever, I would be nervous.

MFP is very serious business. Very.
  • lilacinfinity
    Options
    LOL LOL! QUESTION WHAT IS THAT FIT TI WHATEVER STYLE?

What's a what now?
  • BellaLunaFleur
    BellaLunaFleur Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Yeah so serious maybe I should dress up for my next friend request then
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Fat 2 Fit is a website/ radio programme run by 2 guys. It basically is a really sensible approach to weight loss. They have a calculator on their site and you put in your weight now as well as height and body fat % if you know it and the weight you want to be and it tell you how many calories you can eat to become that weight slowly.

Basically it gives you just a little bit less than the calories you would need if you were already that weight.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Well, how I solved taking a break from MFP after 2 months of logging I gained like 4 lbs in a day off logging and maintained that +4 lbs for a while. I think the knowing that you're going in reverse isn't that bad, but hindering PROGRESS is what bothered me.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Hope you rock it this time around. Keep in mind that your MFP social life is completely orthogonal to reaching your fitness goals.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    no
  • jenn_sullivan
    Options
    That is possibly the best "Introduce Yourself" post EVER.

I am also approaching 30 (next February) and am not a fan of the "I'm going to bash you because you ate like a pig today" method that happens here at times. Friend request is on it's way!