Tips for starting turbo fire?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I tried the start up dvd today and she lost me with all the punches. I also can't bounce like they do (I have no rhythm whatsoever and definitely not that amount of energy). I know one of the girls is doing the low impact moves, but she doesn't show except occasionally (do you need a widescreen tv to see her all the time or something?).

So I did what I could for 15 minutes but it didn't tire me out at all or anything (I was moving my legs but nowhere as much as them) so I ended up going back to one of my other programs today. It's pretty overwhelming. Do you think I'm doomed? I'm 194 lbs, if that helps.

Replies

• tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Hi there,
    I've done many of their DVD workouts but unfortunatley, I've never done Turbo Fire. I would suggest watching the DVDs a few times before doing them. That has helped me understand what the moves is supposed to do.
    I know people who have had great results with Turbo Fire. I hope you give it another chance.

Good luck!
    Joe
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    No you are not doomed. I remember many years ago my old gym had TurboKick, same as Turbo Jam. For weeks I watched and thought I could never do that but it looks fun. Eventually I tried it. I got confused many times but just kept moving. Eventually I caught on and loved it. Later I got Turbo Jam then Turbo Fire. Learning a new routine/combo can be tricky at times but just keep with it, it gets easier to follow. As long as you are moving you are burning calories. :)
  • dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Use the new to class option, I used it for the first month before I felt comfortable just doing it. Realize that you will probley never look exactly like them doing it haha. And just keep moving, turbo fire is a lot of fun, feel comfort in knowing you are doing it in your own house make sure the blinds are closed and try your best, as long as you are moving your burning calories.
  • Ashleysh22
    Ashleysh22 Posts: 209
    Options
    yes! use the "new to class" option - she will walk you through each move as you do it! and you are so not alone. We all took awhile to figure it out and be able to do it at speed! but its an amazing workout! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
  • TheLizBerry
    Options
    You're not suppose to be amazing at the beginning!! I was all over the place. I looked like a baffoon HAHA

Follow the suggestion of the "new to class", just low jogging in place if you lose your spot. I had to do that all the time!! By the end of my 90 days I was better, but still would mess up the routine here and there. You'll get the hang of things.
  • DivineDiva22
    DivineDiva22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are not doomed! I almost gave up the first time I did the Fire Starter Class and then by the 3rd time I felt like a Pro. Might have not looked like one but I FELT like one. Stick with it. You'll see yourself getting better and better. Then you'll be concentrating on form and putting your all into it. Then it'll be real fun. Keep going. You can do it.
  • AllAboutThatTreble
    AllAboutThatTreble Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yes for the new to class option. Even after doing that a couple of times I still got lost a few times. I still punch and kick and shake it whether or not I'm right. I figure, hey, I'm moving so I'm still burning calories.
  • arsan
    arsan Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have TF and wanted to start it cause i can boogie but I get frustrated cause I lose my steps in the dance routines. The music is awesome, you'll love it