Fast Food

Options
I just logged in, I have only been a member for about 5 days. Is it normal that MFP sells add space to fast food resturants. Well actually it was not the resturants themselves, but a company that provides coupons for those resturants. I guess if your Arby's why not throw a coupon up on a site that has 15000 people hanging on the edge of the wagon.

Replies

• Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Lol just think of it as training for real life my Padiwan!
  • AshlieA96
    AshlieA96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    HaHaHa yeah right never thought of it!!!Funny right
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I see your point but... In the last three commercials on TV, there's been one for Lays potato chips, McDonalds and, ironically, health insurance.

At least the ones on the website are pretty easy to ignore, lol!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I see your point but... In the last three commercials on TV, there's been one for Lays potato chips, McDonalds and, ironically, health insurance.

At least the ones on the website are pretty easy to ignore, lol!

Oh I really don't have a problem ignoring it; I just think it is kind of ironic that a fitness site would allow such advertising.
  • BlackJack96
    BlackJack96 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I find most of the ads are targeted at what I've been shopping for lately.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The ads always seem to reflect the last few things I've Googled so I have Teavana, FitBit and McD's today.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Mine tend to be tax stuff, because I've applied for a loan lately, and video games. oops.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I understand the advertisements being pulled from your cookie cache; but I have that disabled on my computer. I do not suft fast food resturants; and quite frankly right now I see Healthy Hearts flavor fiber. I don't search for any of this stuff showing up. But I did just type up a different post where I talked about tracking my daily fiber intake. Coincidence???
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Ads on here are served by google, and they serve you ads based off of your browsing history.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Never noticed to be honest - I just blank them out!! Try clearing your history and cookies and see what you get next!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I don't see any ads! Are you talking about when you are using the app on your phone? If you use google Chrome for your web browser, just install AdBlock Plus and go to Extensions to enable it. Then you wont see ads here or anywhere.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

The ads you see are based off of your browsing history.

And I also want to say that an Arby's sandwich every now and then should not be the thing that kills anyone's diet. You can learn to moderate those choices and to include fast food in your diet from time to time.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is nothing wrong with eating at those places if you choose the right types of foods. What's wrong with it?

This website is about making better choices to stay within your calorie range, NOT elminating life of food :)
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this is not solely based off of your browsing history. For example, I just saw Chili's and Loreal Hair products. I only go to Facebook, Chase, Dominick's grocery store, Discover and MFP on my laptop, so what's the reason for those coming up?

The ads you see are based off of your browsing history.

And I also want to say that an Arby's sandwich every now and then should not be the thing that kills anyone's diet. You can learn to moderate those choices and to include fast food in your diet from time to time.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I understand the advertisements being pulled from your cookie cache; but I have that disabled on my computer. I do not suft fast food resturants; and quite frankly right now I see Healthy Hearts flavor fiber. I don't search for any of this stuff showing up. But I did just type up a different post where I talked about tracking my daily fiber intake. Coincidence???

That could be it too - I just read one about Oranges vs. Orange Juice and lo and behold - a Trop 50 ad...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I just logged in, I have only been a member for about 5 days. Is it normal that MFP sells add space to fast food resturants. Well actually it was not the resturants themselves, but a company that provides coupons for those resturants. I guess if your Arby's why not throw a coupon up on a site that has 15000 people hanging on the edge of the wagon.

Well, to point out - this is a fitness site, not a weight loss site. True, there are quite a few people here to lose weight, but there are also people looking to gain, get fit, or maintain.

Also, not everyone excludes fast food out of their meal options. Either way, I don't think seeing an ad for fast food should be that big of a deal. Maybe do a few searches for either items to trigger the ads to change to something else.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Firefox (or Chrome) use AdBlock Plus. NNNNNOOOO ads. :drinker: