What are you doing about Alcohal?

Options

Replies

• slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I make up for it by working out. And when I drink, I usually have water between drinks so I don't get dehydrated.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm drinking it.

But this usually isn't the case. I'm making an exception because this day sucks.
  • BlackJack96
    BlackJack96 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If I'm drinking I have one glass of water per drink. That helps with the dehydration. Also, work out a lot on the weekend to get the extra calories to go out.
  • lrbassmom
    lrbassmom Posts: 123
    Options
    What am I doing about alcohol?

Drinking it of course! :drinker:

I try to avoid Monday -Thursday, and weekend I enjoy in moderation. And cutting out during the week was a big step for me. And I adjust my calories accordingly. Yes, my weekends probably do slow down my weight loss but drastic changes and not "allowing" myself alcohol or telling myself it's off limits... well that just makes me want it more. I figured that in order for the weight loss and lifestyle change to stick, the change is going to have to fit my lifestyle. I love a draft beer or three, and enjoy red wine as a way to take the tension out of the neck and shoulders.
  • nineteenstars
    nineteenstars Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a glass of wine at the end of the week if I stay on track. It's like a reward.
    Works for me .... since I really really really like wine :) lol
  • Dawnsharheb
    Dawnsharheb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ur nice
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I have greatly moderated my alcohol consumption, though I do like to indulge on the weekends. I used to be a 7 day a week drinker though...and not just a beer or something. I've always like to party like today is my last. I don't drink much during the work week anymore, but I like to cut lose on the weekends. I don't drink as much beer as I used to...generally vodka or gin and soda water with lime these days.

Given that I have not intention of giving up alcohol altogether long term, I don't see why I would give it up right now. Though I'm at a deficit, I'm really just practicing for my new lifestyle...which also includes alcohol.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    scotch only has 65 calories per ounce. I like a nice scotch and water. Its stiff enough that i dont drink it too fast, and 2 ounces are all it takes to make me forget about the workday

it is an acquired taste of course
  • shelbygt350h
    Options
    I love my white wine...on the wagon right now though...but the way I drank it to control my weight and avoid a hangover, would be to add water to it !! Many times I would end up adding about 75% water when all is said and done. I got used to it, and didn't have to go without and didn't gain weight. People thought it was strange at first, but when I told them about the no hangover part they understood completely. Good luck !
  • EmilyMejia93
    EmilyMejia93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    welp, thank god i never drink! :)
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I drink every Friday night and most Saturday nights. Doesn't effect anything for me. I lost 50lbs a year ago without giving it up. Everything in moderation. Now that I'm back and trying to reach my final goal, I still don't see a reason to give it up.

Yup. Even when I was on Herbal Magic and last 60 lbs, I NEVER stopped drinking wine. In fact, I probably drank a little more. Haha. I have not noticed it inhibiting my weight loss. But everyone is different. So if it makes you feel awful, then cut it out. I can marrily have 3 glasses of wine and be perfectly okay the next day. But I am a wine snob...
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much, and I learn to say NO! I was offered 3 times tonight and had to say no and make up some excuse... it's like... how can someone not want to drink?!

300 cals for 3 glasses of wine? You must be drinking very small glasses of wine then! When I am going to have some red I always try and make it fit with my daily goal :) If you get that hungover either 1. you're drinking a lot more than you think or 2. you are very light weight. Either way, remember to keep up drinking a lot of water in between drinks and eat something carby (naughty word) to absorb extra alcohol and prevent the hangover.

I just drink a lot of water and find I don't get at all hungover these days.
  • HealthyDreamy
    HealthyDreamy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking while I try to lose weight..I would rather eat vs drink those calories.. Maybe once I maintain I might start having a few again but for now it just isn't worth it.

Totally agree with that! Im an all or nothing kinda gal ;0)
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I drink wine every day. Alcohol can be part of your overall eating plan the same as any other treat. IMHO it is best to try and meet all of your macros first before adding "empty" calories. I eat 90-95% of my 1500 calories and then I use my extra exercise calories for wine. It is very important to drink water when consuming alcohol in order to prevent that hungover feeling. We usually bring our own wine to restaurants so we know we are getting (2) 6.25 oz glasses with dinner out of one bottle. At home we measure out the same 6.25 oz glasses.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    DRINK MORE!!!
    EXERCISE MORE!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    My advice is to avoid it. It is a poison that affects the glands used to lose body fat. The liver, kidneys, pancreas, adrenal glands, hypothalamus, and the list goes on. If you must have alcohol, I'd recommend 1 glass of wine with a meal. Otherwise avoid it like the plague. The same can be said for quick sugars. This advice has served me well. I think it will do the same for you. Good luck. :)

Umm no, the same can't be said for "quick' sugars.
  • Tyree985
    Tyree985 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink every Friday night and most Saturday nights. Doesn't effect anything for me. I lost 50lbs a year ago without giving it up. Everything in moderation. Now that I'm back and trying to reach my final goal, I still don't see a reason to give it up.

Heck yea! :laugh:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I don't drink very much so it's no big deal to go without any alcohol.

Except for tonight - going out to dinner then to a club to see a coworker perform.

Jermaine and the Ill Funk Ensemble
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ONWGVzTJV0
  • KristenRidl
    KristenRidl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I used to drink wine nightly; now I limit drinking to weekends only. Typically, I drink a couple of times/month now. At first, I thought it would be hard to make the switch, but now, I find it's something I don't even think about. Last weekend, I kinda had 6 shots of jack daniels. I worked this into my calorie goal; however, the drunk munchies are what brought me down!! For me, this is the hardest part about drinking. (I want to eat everything once my inhibitions are lowered.) If you enjoy drinking, I would say that everything in moderation is OK.
  • GymBeast2
    GymBeast2 Posts: 81
    Options
    I avoid the fun drinks most of the time. If I have then I want another and then another....so on and so on...

My SO drinks for us both:laugh: ..so someone has to DD. I hate waking up bloated hungover and feeling like crap. I do the hard drinking once a year...New Years Eve:drinker: ....so I feel like S*it the next day and remember why I didn't drink hard the entire year.

If you can work it in, then go for it. Count it and add it.