The zoo...

kysue1029
kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
edited October 1 in Health and Weight Loss
I have my activity level set at light, because I am a stay at home mom. Today, we went to the zoo for 4 hours and I pushed the kids in a double jogging stroller. I put in my daily log that I walked slow pace (2.0 MPH) for 120 minutes (2 hours). Do you think that is too much, too little, or just right?

Replies

• zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    when I went to the zoo a few weeks ago I burned almost 500 calories pushing a double stroller and we were only there for 2 hours
    so I would say thats too little
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    I would do at least a 2.5 pace. I know how tough the zoo is! Thats a workout!
  • elsieshaye
    elsieshaye Posts: 9 Member
    I agree with making it at least 2.5 - you were pushing a double stroller, which adds resistance and makes you work a lot harder. What helps me is that I got a really good pedometer that calculates calories burned. So, I take the calories burned on the pedometer as the basis, and then tweak the walking pace and time to come out to the same number when I log the exercise here. (I tested it out against a couple of different treadmills, and it appears to be reasonably accurate. I also figure that if I am wrong in my estimates the same way each time, it all evens out.)
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Thanks everyone. I have a heart rate monitor, but I didn't want to wear it all day. :)
  • MissT02
    MissT02 Posts: 13 Member
    That's funny, I just did the same today! Except I didn't have the stroller, so I just logged 2.0 slow pace so I think if you bump it up that'll be about right!
This discussion has been closed.