MEN! She shouldn't be insecure about <blank> I DON'T CARE!!

Options
124»

Replies

• sabineliebling
    Options
    Really? Reeeeally? So if you're out with a girl, and she looks smokin, all done up gorgeous for your date, and then you get back to your place, the clothes come off, and the boobs are seriously sagging, the tummy is a squishy mass of stretch marks, and the butt is a flat little pancake, you're still into it? Clothes can hide and change the appearance of an awful lot...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Really? Reeeeally? So if you're out with a girl, and she looks smokin, all done up gorgeous for your date, and then you get back to your place, the clothes come off, and the boobs are seriously sagging, the tummy is a squishy mass of stretch marks, and the butt is a flat little pancake, you're still into it? Clothes can hide and change the appearance of an awful lot...

Oh they'll ride it cuz they are men but she's not getting a call the next day.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Its funny..I might not be so insecure about it all if I actually got hit on/asked out/looked at.....but lack of male interest leads me to think I should be insecure about something lol.

Whenever women say they don't get hit on/asked out/looked at what they mean is they don't get that attention from guys of a level of attractiveness they think they should.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Its funny..I might not be so insecure about it all if I actually got hit on/asked out/looked at.....but lack of male interest leads me to think I should be insecure about something lol.

Whenever women say they don't get hit on/asked out/looked at what they mean is they don't get that attention from guys of a level of attractiveness they think they should.

Lol perhaps you're right..the last guy I knew was interested in me was a 60 yo cab driver who drove me and my friend home after a night out..Not ONE man hit on me at the bar...or even smiled at me that I noticed but a man old enough to be my dad, with half his teeth missing was all over me..I guess I can't complain and should accept that as who I should be with attractive level wise. I really don't think I'm all that and a bag of chips..but I kind of think I might be able to attract someone 20 years younger that that guy with a few more teeth...oh yeah and this was over a year ago.....I feel like an invisible woman for the most part..And I don't understand it.

But I have been told on topic..that most men don't notice the little things most women worry about..like cellulite, or stretch marks or makeup or eye brows those things..And I believe it. I think though the guy who said they don't notice weight..that is bull crap..I don't think most men are into BBW. Most want average to thin..healthy women...which makes sense.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'd say she shouldn't be insecure about anything. What's sexier than the flattest stomach, roundest butt or perkiest boobs? CONFIDENCE. So long as a girl accepts herself and is able to relax she is plenty sexy.

Especially don't sweat the small stuff. "Oh my mascara is a bit uneven and this belt doesn't really match this top and I'm growing my hair out so it's not the perfect length right now and..." WHATEVER SHUT UP YOU ARE GORGEOUS.

And if someone doesn't agree or wants to make you feel bad about about things that don't really matter, they are not worth your time. Drop the dead weight and remember you're GREAT.

How'd you get so smart about women at such a young age?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Lol perhaps you're right..the last guy I knew was interested in me was a 60 yo cab driver who drove me and my friend home after a night out..Not ONE man hit on me at the bar...or even smiled at me that I noticed but a man old enough to be my dad, with half his teeth missing was all over me..I guess I can't complain and should accept that as who I should be with attractive level wise. I really don't think I'm all that and a bag of chips..but I kind of think I might be able to attract someone 20 years younger that that guy with a few more teeth...oh yeah and this was over a year ago.....I feel like an invisible woman for the most part..And I don't understand it.

But I have been told on topic..that most men don't notice the little things most women worry about..like cellulite, or stretch marks or makeup or eye brows those things..And I believe it. I think though the guy who said they don't notice weight..that is bull crap..I don't think most men are into BBW. Most want average to thin..healthy women...which makes sense.
    I tend to not notice women who are waiting to be noticed. If you know what you want, don't wait for it to land in your lap, go get it.
  • VerityEnola
    Options
    Where's the guy version of this thread? Women are WAY more brutal to men.
    Sounds like you should start one...after you answer the question ;)

Hmm, weight. That's a big one. Sure there are health issues but I see way to many tickers for women that want to lose 10lbs. Gimme a break.

there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to lose 10 pounds

There's nothing wrong about it. It's just eye roll inducing to see a girl who wants to go from 123 to 113. I mean what's the end game there? At that point you're just out to get a slightly hotter boyfriend most likely.

ooooor you just want to feel more comfortable in your own skin and be more confident. I'm married and trying to lose 10 pounds, obviously not trying to find a hotter boyfriend...
    10 pounds may appear insignificant to some people, but try to look past the "meager" amount of weight.
    Although BMI is not a completely accurate measure of fitness, I use it as one quantifiable guideline for my overall health. Right now I am sitting on the fence between normal and overweight. With the loss of 10 pounds I will be right in middle of the normal category. Using this goal, I can regulate and test out my habits to work towards a healthier lifestyle. Both sides of my family have a worrily strong history of type 1 diabetes. Although losing 10 pounds will not guarantee my escape, the change in habits can.
    Although I cannot speak for everyone, but I can say that a small weight goal can make all the difference.
    Please do not belittle our goals.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    "Tell me what you're think" about xxx

When all you really want to hear is that you're right, look good, or something else that benefits you while you really don't care how we really feel no matter how well intended our intentions are. Or just tell us we're wrong about what we think. Because then you cause us to think things that we weren't thinking in the first place.

How does this dress look on me?
    I think it looks really good on you. You're beautiful.
    No, you dont you're just saying that.
    I really do. You look pretty.
    I do not. I'm fat.
    Tell me what you really think.?

What I'm really thinking.... If you don't shut up I'm leaving without you and going to get a beer.

What I'm going to say... I really think you look beautiful. I really wish you could see you the way I see you. There is no place I would rather be than with you.

and then possibly add another 10 mins of this until my head explodes
  • smilingdaisies
    smilingdaisies Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "Tell me what you're think" about xxx

When all you really want to hear is that you're right, look good, or something else that benefits you while you really don't care how we really feel no matter how well intended our intentions are. Or just tell us we're wrong about what we think. Because then you cause us to think things that we weren't thinking in the first place.

How does this dress look on me?
    I think it looks really good on you. You're beautiful.
    No, you dont you're just saying that.
    I really do. You look pretty.
    I do not. I'm fat.
    Tell me what you really think.?

What I'm really thinking.... If you don't shut up I'm leaving without you and going to get a beer.

What I'm going to say... I really think you look beautiful. I really wish you could see you the way I see you. There is no place I would rather be than with you.

and then possibly add another 10 mins of this until my head explodes

I would think this would be mind-numbing. I was married 20 years to a man that complimented me constantly...and I believe he was sincere. I left for other reasons obviously...but the amazing man I am with now, we've been together a little over a year, isn't as frequent with his compliments but it doesn't bother me...when he does compliment, it is so meaningful because he never uses superficial fluff talk...which I appreciate. I don't need constant attention from him, I have his heart. I guess my point is I've always said it is all about motivations of the heart...why would anyone want anything just to shut you up. I say shut up and then enjoy the sincerity.

I have to add that I am surprised about how many men are saying bodily imperfections are not a big deal...I would say that is a woman's #1 issue...no clothes. I have my insecurities to but I don't dare reveal them...I know that the confidence I'm at least trying to display (in intimate times) is a lot more sexier to him than a perfect body.....or an almost perfect body. :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

^This x 100.

Where are you ladies? Are there no men at all?

I was officially proposed to today, so I'm off the market...but you are both more than attractive enough to approach :).