wrap

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
I would love to make some good wraps. Any ideas and recipes??? Can i use tortilla shells

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Huevos Rancheros Wraps (or use your corn tortillas)
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Total Time: 10 minutes
    Ingredients:
    •4 low-fat flour tortillas (or yours)
    •1 cup mild or medium salsa
    •1 cup liquid egg substitute
    •1/4 cup nonfat milk
    •1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Jack cheese
    Preparation:
    Warm tortillas according to directions on package. In a small saucepan, heat salsa on low until heated through.
    Meanwhile, whisk egg substitute and milk in a small bowl. Cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently lifting the setting egg substitute mixture to allow the rest of the liquid to cook.

When eggs are cooked through, though still moist, remove from heat and divide into four.

Spread heated salsa on warmed tortillas, followed by one-fourth of the egg substitute. Sprinkle with cheese, then roll burrito style.

Serves 4.

Per Burrito: Calories 168, Calories from Fat 44, Total Fat 4.9g (sat 2.1g), Cholesterol 11mg, Sodium 694mg, Carbohydrate 29.6g, Fiber 3g, Protein 15.5g
  • neglet
    neglet Posts: 20
    Options
    This one is my favorite. You can use regular tortillas for it, but I use the Ole Xtreme Wellness High fiber/low carb variety.

1 tortilla
    1 T hummus
    3-4 baby carrots
    1 cup spinach
    3-4 Cherry/grape Tomatoes
    1/4 avocado
    1/2 teaspoon Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce (a nice jolt of flavor for only 20 calories)

The wrap is stuffed pretty full, so sometimes I have to put some of the spinach on the side ... I can never get enough spinach. I also feel virtuous for eating so many veggies at once.

268 cal, 26 carbs,13 g fat (mostly from hummus and avocado), 14 g protein.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do a wrap at home similar to the Mediterrean Wrap they do at Jason's Deli.

Lay out wrap of your choice (mine is a Flat Out w/ flax) and spread a tablespoon of your favorite hummus down the middle. Lay 2oz of deli turkey (Boar's Head), couple slices cucumber, couple slices roma tomatoes, sliced red onion, a few kalamata olives, and some field greens to top it off. Wrap it up, and YUM, is this delicious!! And extremely healthy and under 250 calories depending on the wrap you use.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I don't know about with tortillas, but I had a tuna wrap for lunch today. I used the tuna sandwich ready pouch (albacore) with a flatout wrap. I added spinach and tomatoes in with it. very good. :)