2 TBSP PB = 36g = 190 calories = Sadnesses

Options
Why is this happening to me?

:sad:

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Weigh your peanut butter for the first time?
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    My friend recently told me about PB2 - I haven't tried it but she said it's really good. I think it's like 40 calories per serving
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    No, I've done it before.

It's just I have not had peanut butter in a LONG time. I used to eat it quite a bit last year, but I was looking back at some of those diary entries and I have like...80-100 grams of protein for the day.

A lot of my calories are devoted to increasing my protein intake, and I guess that is affecting the amount of peanut butter in my life.

Maybe I should cut down on whey or something, but then I worry about making protein goals...

BLEH.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    No, I've done it before.

It's just I have not had peanut butter in a LONG time. I used to eat it quite a bit last year, but I was looking back at some of those diary entries and I have like...80-100 grams of protein for the day.

A lot of my calories are devoted to increasing my protein intake, and I guess that is affecting the amount of peanut butter in my life.

Maybe I should cut down on whey or something, but then I worry about making protein goals...

BLEH.

I know what you mean. I hate that I spend so much time trying to meet my protein goal. I don't have whey so I end up just eating a ton of dairy and some meat.
  • brian1383
    brian1383 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Had not heard of PB2. Read some reviews and they compared it to the taste of the filling in a Nutter Butter cookie. Not really PB, but not offensive either.

No plug or endorsement here, as I've not tried it. 45 cals per 2 TBS.
  • JonathonMars
    Options
    Yeah, I have heard of the stuff (PB2)--was tempted to buy some last year.

I have also been thinking about my like...I don't know what you would call it.

Fatty acids and such? Like, flax, olive oils, stuff like that?

I really don't see room in my diet for it...but I feel like it would be a benefit.

I just need to DO BETTA.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Had not heard of PB2. Read some reviews and they compared it to the taste of the filling in a Nutter Butter cookie. Not really PB, but not offensive either.

No plug or endorsement here, as I've not tried it. 45 cals per 2 TBS.

the consistancy depends on the amount of water you add -
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Jif actually makes an Omega 3 peanut butter. I think some (a lot) of the peanut oil is replaced with (believe it or not) fish oil. You do NOT taste it. If anything the PB is a little more "buttery" tasting -- like the combo of PB and butter in a sandwich would get.
  • JonathonMars
    Options
    Jif actually makes an Omega 3 peanut butter. I think some (a lot) of the peanut oil is replaced with (believe it or not) fish oil. You do NOT taste it. If anything the PB is a little more "buttery" tasting -- like the combo of PB and butter in a sandwich would get.

Thanks. Will investigate at grocery.
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    If anything the PB is a little more "buttery" tasting -- like the combo of PB and butter in a sandwich would get.

Mmmmmmmmmm..........peanut butter and butter sandwich.....darn you!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Peanut flour is cheaper than pb2 and is the same thing minus the added sugar. Wonderful added to greek yoghurt with a little honey, agave or stevia to sweeten, get twice as much for less money. In terms of flax, I add milled flax to my greek yoghurt too, and some hemp. Only about 60 calories for 15 gram.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of PB2 when I am mixing it in with something – I use it in smoothies, stir it into cottage cheese and yogurt, etc. It's sort of perfect for those applications and when you stir it in, you really don't have to add water. I just put it dry in my dairy and it comes out extra peanuty. If I am spreading peanut butter onto something to eat it straight, however, I use the fresh grind from the bulk aisle at Whole Foods and I limit myself to 1 tbsp a day.
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If anything the PB is a little more "buttery" tasting -- like the combo of PB and butter in a sandwich would get.

Mmmmmmmmmm..........peanut butter and butter sandwich.....darn you!

^This!
    Yumm!!
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a godsend. Try it!