Tell me again why I should eat avocado's?

Options
2»

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posts, avocado is full of nutrients. I'd rather spend 280 calories on something healthy vs. 160 on empty calories.
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i use avocado in place of mayo yum on sandwich!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    i use avocado in place of mayo yum on sandwich!

Me too - it makes the _BEST_ BLT like this.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Dunno if you should...but I've had 1/4 of one on my sandwich every day this week and will have the last quarter tomorrow. They are good, healthy fats.
    Tasty. Satisfying.
    I don't stress good, healthy, satisfying fats/calories.
    In fact, my diary has full fat yogurt, peanut butter, peanuts and avocado in it today.
  • nm8962
    nm8962 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm believing all of you. Healthy fat is good. I am not afraid of the avocado.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You know, you don't have to do everything people suggest on here. You will be more successful if you look up the nutritional info and see if it fits into your macros before buying/eating things.
  • nm8962
    nm8962 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How right you are. I have learned a valuable lesson.
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Maybe they do that so that their dressing is all whole foods, but I don't know. I don't think I would use that as salad dressing. I do like to make avocado wraps, though, and avocado sandwiches, or cut up avocados and include them in a salad. I usually split one with someone else because they are so calorie dense (but as mentioned previously, full of fiber and monounsaturated fat.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i had half an avocado this morning on my bagel/egg/bacon sammich. was delish. the other half is sitting in the fridge for tomorrow <3
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I heard air is high in calories too and high in nutrients so you probably shouldn't use that either.