Help - Low fat low cal Dessert recipes needed!!!

Options
kateyb
kateyb Posts: 138 Member
I want to make something that isn't obviously diet food. Any ideas????

Replies

• naomihandler
    naomihandler Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Strawberry shortcake with angel food cake and cool whip.
  • edelq
    edelq Posts: 111
    Options
    Eton mess is a good one,, you can make it with creme fraiche or low fat yogurt, mashed up meringue nests, and whatever fruit / berries you like,, it's yum!
  • butterfly08uk
    Options
    Just a plain set strawberry jelly with fruit cocktail and some creme fraiche on top (low fat of course)
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks EdelQ, that's one we already do - I'm trying to find new stuff.

Maybe I should have said I'm in the UK, so we don't get cool whip here :(
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like to put a frozen banana, dash of cinnamon, and as much skim milk (or soy/almond/etc.) that will make it the consistency that you like, and put them all into a food processor or blender. It instantly creates banana ice cream! It's delicious, and you can top it off with whatever you want: fat free cool whip, chopped nuts (it'd taste like banana nut bread almost), etc.
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Check out hungry girl. She's amazing

http://www.hungry-girl.com/
  • gz960
    gz960 Posts: 7
    Options
    Angel Lush Cake:

(1) Angel Food Cake
    (1) Can Crushed Pineapple (in juice)
    (1) Box (4 serving size) of Sugar Free Fat Free Vanilla instant pudding
    (1) Cup Cool Whip Free (thawed)
    Assorted Fresh Berries--strawberries or blueberries--whichever you prefer or both

Cut cake into 3 layers. Mix pineapple, pudding and cool whip in a bowl...should be light but not runny/liquid. Spread mixture on bottom layer of cake and place middle layer on it. Spread mixture on top of middle layer and set top layer on. Put remaining mixture on top layer. Place your berries on and around the cake. Either serve immediately or I find that putting it in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight) helps everything set up well and then you can just pull it out when you are ready. Looks pretty too. The recipe is usually always on the backside of the lid on coolwhip free containers. You could probably google it for a pic too.

I've used angel food cake, angel food loaves, mini dessert cups or made mini angel food bundt cakes, angel food cupcakes...etc. Also I like to put berries on each layer as well as on and around the cake itself--so the amount I use varies and I mainly do strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. I make this all summer and everyone loves it. Dieters and non-dieters alike. The kids really like it too. Even my Mom who sigh, "just has to eat in order to keep the weight on" likes it and she shuns "diet" food like the plague.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Here's one of my no cool whip favorites. You can use whatever fruit you like - I have even added canned mandarin oranges. I serve it for company, and they never think it is "diet". Do you get reduced fat crescent rolls there?
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Mixed-Berry-Pizza
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    1 Chocolate pudding cup
    1 sugar free jello cup-strawberry is good
    whip cream, about 2 scoops
    a few chopped strawberries

Mix in a bowl and enjoy, only about 100 cal too depending on the amount of whip cream and strawberries! Tastes great!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    :love: bump
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    will try love bananas