Knees NSV

Options
Timshel_
Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
I was a runner. I lettered in cross country in HS and ran several races through college. I also played college volleyball as well as sand 2 man. Time passed, kids came, career become too much of my life, and I found myself older, weaker, and pudgy with sore knees even trying to get in a few miles. I did the up and down weigh thing the last year, but there was always a great deal of knee pain. I tell everyone when I run it is "interval training", which is my way of saying I can't run a whole mile without a bit of a walk.

So, I started just this year working in more squats, stretching, and longer and longer sprints. Low and behold...I am able to run longer distances and a decent clip. Today it almost felt like it did back in college. That was a great NSV for today.

Replies

• mblewis13
    mblewis13 Posts: 37
    Options
    That is great! I love the feeling of "younger" that comes with healthier! Way to go :smile:
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Good for you finding an alternate plan. And you got results! Good for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!