How did you get off the last 10 lbs?

Options
I joined MFP to help me track my intake of sugar and fat. I'm close to my goal of 120 (I'm 5'6"). I don't even care about the numbers anymore, I just want to ditch the last inch or so of fat from my tummy and waist and tone up. But I feel like I've plateaued. What has worked for you?

Replies

• TurquoiseSky
    TurquoiseSky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat! Only 7 lbs to go... but I feel like my motivation has dwindled and that these last few are somehow more challenging... so close but so far!
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    As the OP is seeing, mentally replacing "weight" with "body composition" (e.g. "I'd like to lose these last few inches"), is the key. And the best way to get there is to add strength training to your exercise regimen. No fancy gym is required; you can find lots of full body workouts using bodyweight exercises by themselves on YouTube. Muscle doesn't "weigh less than fat" -- 1 lb of muscle weighs the same as 1 lb of fat -- but it DOES take up less space. Ergo, increasing the amount of muscle on your body will help you get closer to the body composition you want. And since you are both so close to your goals, I bet it wouldn't take very long.

If you're already strength training, it sounds like it's time to kick your current routine up a notch.

Good luck!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and when I stalled at 128 for several months, I was eating 1300-1600 calories a day, a friend of mine and someone here suggested, I changed up my exercise routine, so I did and lost the last 10lbs in 6 weeks. I was use to the exercise routine I had and I know now it wasn't helping to push me harder so that I would burn enough calories during workouts. Now I'm in maintenance mode at 118 eating 1600-1800 calories day, still working out 4-5 days a week 45 mins each workout, and I'm having no problem maintaining. Hope this helps ya too.