I am ready to feel better about myself.

Options
Hi, I'm Mora. I'm overweight and clinically depressed, and honestly, I'm sick of it, and I don't want to put up with it any longer. Before I came to this site I used Calorie Count, but their iPad app is infamous for crashing, so I got the MyFitnessPal app. Let me tell you, the change was so worth it.

My main goal is to lose weight and keep my vitamins in the red, and this site is definitely a help.

I just wanted to introduce myself, and maybe find some friends to talk to on my bad days. If that's not too much to ask. :blushing:

Replies

• gperez94
    gperez94 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! Im Gabby. I suffer with an eating disorder so I know what it is like to feel like everyone hates you. I joined this website because I wanted to find some friends to talk to on the hard days so anytime you want to chat with me dont even hesitate!:smile:
  • lacyandparker
    Options
    Hi-

I am Lacy. I am 31 years old and am working very hard on a life style change of eating healthy and exercising. I have been going at it pretty strong for the last 2 weeks and have good days and bad. I just continue to tell myself, it didn't come on over night, it won't come off over night. If you ever need motivation, I will do my best to help, so long as you return the favor. ;) Best of luck
  • cc141
    cc141 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    HI mora!
    My name is catherine- i just rejoined MFP and am also looking for some friends to support me and help me stick with it so I can finally achieve my goal.
    feel free to add me if you want!
    I hope I can help with any support you need
  • RayR13
    RayR13 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey Mora! No challenge is too great, and every goal is attainable! Ive had my share of bad days too... Ive suffered from depression, bulemmia and I managed to pull myself out of it with no prescription drugs or any other help other than a lil sunshine, alot of exercise, nixing crappy comfort food that i thought i needed and keeping a journal. I carry it w me everywhere. Feel free to add me if you like, im all about support because one person can change your entire life! good luck and take care of #1, you!
  • Sandy3313
    Sandy3313 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Mora!!!! my name is Sandy!!!! I truely understand how you feel!!! you are not alone! I was struggling everyday but MFP has helped me and I am excited to log on everyday....please feel free to add me if you like we can all use as much support and motovation as we can get and together we can all achive what we thought was impossible!!!
  • beretta82
    beretta82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Mora!

I got sick and tired of my weight as well. I complained and bellyached for years about it, but I'm finally to the point now where I WANT to do something about it and I am! You will find that your mood will improve when you exercise a little and start eating healthier :happy:

Isn't this app great?! So many people say " you shouldn't count calories". You shouldn't obsess over it, but it helps so much when you actually see how much your eating and you make yourself accountable. Feel free to add me, we're all here for support and tips along the way!