I want pizza!

Options
So, I have a spare $5 and I really want to walk to Little Caesar's near my house and buy one of their Hot and Ready pizzas. It sounds really amazing right now. But at the same time, I know I'll feel really guilty and probably end up eating too much of it. I'll also feel like I ruined the progress that I've made in the past 2 and half weeks. I won't lie and say I've been perfect. I treated myself to a Cadbury egg a few days ago. But I feel like I've done pretty damn well compared to how I was doing before and I feel like pizza will just bring me back to square one. I would just go and buy just a slice or two but I dunno if Little Caesar's sells them individually.
So, what should I do?
Anyone else have similar fallbacks? What did YOU do?

Replies

• renitawalker9
    Options
    I know EXACTLY where you are right now. Most people would probably say if you have room for it in your calories and macros eat it. Unless of course its a trigger food for you. I had the same crazy urge for pizza today and decided against it because the last couple of times I've had pizza it triggers crazy carb cravings for me and I usually eat too much for 3-4 days after. So I made myself some socca (chickpea flour crepe) and filled it with salmon and herbed greek yogurt. had enough calories after that for a healthy dessert. Satisfying and no carb binging.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My father-in-law came over a few weeks ago and really wanted to order pizza..so what I did was drink a few glasses of water (3) and ate a large salad about 10 minutes before biting into the first slice. I was only able to eat one slice...

I sent the rest of the pizza home with him. If you're on your own, maybe you could take a slice or two out of the box and give the rest to someone else? (neighbor, homeless person, etc..). Or take a slice out of the box and destroy the rest..

Good luck!
  • keya729
    keya729 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    So, I have a spare $5 and I really want to walk to Little Caesar's near my house and buy one of their Hot and Ready pizzas. It sounds really amazing right now. But at the same time, I know I'll feel really guilty and probably end up eating too much of it. I'll also feel like I ruined the progress that I've made in the past 2 and half weeks. I won't lie and say I've been perfect. I treated myself to a Cadbury egg a few days ago. But I feel like I've done pretty damn well compared to how I was doing before and I feel like pizza will just bring me back to square one. I would just go and buy just a slice or two but I dunno if Little Caesar's sells them individually.
    So, what should I do?
    Anyone else have similar fallbacks? What did YOU do?

Why not get a veggie or white pizza get two slices and call it a night. I'm not for denying yourself because that's when you really cheat. Now if pizza is one of your vices try eating some oatmeal or fruit. Hope it helps!!!
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have, in the past week, gone and gotten a pizza from little caesar's. I had one slice and the rest are individually wrapped in my freezer as I type this. If you don't think you can stop at just one, maybe make something similar? Sometimes I'll do a sandwich thin (100 calories) with a 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (140 cal) cook it (stovetop) and eat it and it kills my pizza craving. It has about the same calories as a slice of pizza but there is only one available and if I really wanted another, I would have to cook it which definitely keeps me from actually pigging out.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY where you are right now. Most people would probably say if you have room for it in your calories and macros eat it. Unless of course its a trigger food for you. I had the same crazy urge for pizza today and decided against it because the last couple of times I've had pizza it triggers crazy carb cravings for me and I usually eat too much for 3-4 days after. So I made myself some socca (chickpea flour crepe) and filled it with salmon and herbed greek yogurt. had enough calories after that for a healthy dessert. Satisfying and no carb binging.

That sounds delicious!!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories, knock yourself out. I had BBQ homemade pizza with some cals to spare (wine anyone?). Yummskies.
  • dstanley753
    dstanley753 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just eat it...get it out of your system. If you don't this early in you will end up "sneaking" it. Exercise/walk prior and a little extra the following day. Earn it and you will not feel guilty!
  • Curvynerdgirl
    Options
    You don't have to deny yourself just to lose weight. Just be sensible about it. Tomorrow I really really want pizza schmizza or something so I'm just planning on eating light during the day and having 2 slices for dinner
  • MelanieK82
    Options
    I make mini pizzas on English muffins. Put pizza sauce, vegetables, mini pepperonis and lowfat mozzarella and toast. Delicious and less than 350 calories for both halves!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When I want pizza, I get pizza....but not a whole one by myself. If you have a couple of friends around to share the pizza, then go for it (if you are not going too overboard). If you are by yourself, skip the $5 pizza and go buy a Lean Cuisine Pizza. It will only take a couple minutes in the microwave, and you won't blow your diet....You will feel better tomorrow. No guilt!
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What I really like about pizza is actually the cheese, so I have a little make-do that I make up when the craving hits and I can't/won't just have regular pizza.

Flat-Outs makes these little slider bun things... they're three on a 'sheet' and the whole sheet is like 150 calories (and actually decent in protein, given it's a bread product-- like 7g, maybe?). I top that with some mozzarella cheese pretty generously (like, seriously, up to 6 oz), put on a good dose of garlic salt, and bake it in the oven at ~400 for I guess about 5 minutes-- until the cheese is melted. It is total NOM HEAVEN to me, a good source of protein and calcium (and uh, well, fat... but I don't worry about fat!), and I don't end up with an entire pizza I feel obligated to eat.

It is delicious on Naan bread too, but that is higher calorie and I don't think it has the protein and is not actually all that much tastier... plus sometimes I only want/need one of the three slider-buns.

Mmm.
  • kirschenregen
    Options
    The thing about earning it is that while I feel like I've been doing well the past few weeks, I don't feel like I did well enough to earn pizza. And I dunno if I'd say it's a vice for me but it's a bit of a weakness. When I was still eating whatever and actually had money I would eat pizza maybe once or more a month. That's probably still way too much though.

What I really want to do it make a homemade healthy pizza and just make it really yummy. But this month is a slow money month and I don't have much to spend on fancy homemade meals. I just bought a bunch of beans, veggies, and rice the other day but that just doesn't sound that appetizing to me today. =P
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    When I first started out, I only exercised, didn't track food, and didn't change anything that I ate. Over time, rather quickly actually, my brain decided to let logic kick in and go, "hey guy, you know how you're working really hard? Don't undo it all by eating everything in sight! Dial it back a bit!" So instead of eating entire pizzas, I'd portion-control. I'd eat a bit of it, maybe 2-3 slices, and eat some veggies or salad with it. That worked well for months, until I started tracking my actual food here.

At that point, it became about fitting things in, and only once in a while. You can still lose weight and eat crap food all day long, but I feel way better when I eat healthier/nutritious foods the majority of the time.

Usually now, if I have pizza, I eat the entire thing. But I also make it from scratch, load it with what I want, and everything is weighed properly. I know exactly what I'm getting. And I find it tastes better and I don't feel like crap, as I do after eating a pizza from a restaurant.
  • pinkmangoes
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself. Calories in Calories burned. Burn it off.
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I love pizza and when I decide to have some I just work out really hard and earn it, or leave room in my macros and calories for it. Don't deprive yourself.

If I decide to have a not so healthy choice, I make the next day really count. Work out more, do some strength training, eat more veggies and so on.
  • kirschenregen
    Options
    What I really like about pizza is actually the cheese, so I have a little make-do that I make up when the craving hits and I can't/won't just have regular pizza.

Flat-Outs makes these little slider bun things... they're three on a 'sheet' and the whole sheet is like 150 calories (and actually decent in protein, given it's a bread product-- like 7g, maybe?). I top that with some mozzarella cheese pretty generously (like, seriously, up to 6 oz), put on a good dose of garlic salt, and bake it in the oven at ~400 for I guess about 5 minutes-- until the cheese is melted. It is total NOM HEAVEN to me, a good source of protein and calcium (and uh, well, fat... but I don't worry about fat!), and I don't end up with an entire pizza I feel obligated to eat.

It is delicious on Naan bread too, but that is higher calorie and I don't think it has the protein and is not actually all that much tastier... plus sometimes I only want/need one of the three slider-buns.

Mmm.

That actually sounds really delicious! I think I may just do that. Thanks. haha
  • Connie1979
    Connie1979 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I make mini pizzas on English muffins. Put pizza sauce, vegetables, mini pepperonis and lowfat mozzarella and toast. Delicious and less than 350 calories for both halves!

I'm trying that^^^^
  • kirschenregen
    Options
    Also, I've only been to the gym (I do not have the motivation to work out anywhere else) once in the past 4 days. I get to the gym by my roommate so if he doesn't go then I don't go either. So, I don't feel like I've worked hard enough to allow myself pizza. Also, I don't know that we'll be going tomorrow either so if I eat the pizza I might not be able to work it off tomorrow.
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When I was doing south beach (ugh) and carbs were a 'no', I found this recipe for cauliflower pizza bases. It still depends on what you put ON the pizza, but I feel better eating them knowing that at least I am getting a serve of vegetables in the base! ;-)

http://talistomatoes.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/cauliflower-pizza-bases.html
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    When I was doing south beach (ugh) and carbs were a 'no', I found this recipe for cauliflower pizza bases. It still depends on what you put ON the pizza, but I feel better eating them knowing that at least I am getting a serve of vegetables in the base! ;-)

http://talistomatoes.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/cauliflower-pizza-bases.html
    I didn't look at the link, but I tried a cauliflower crust once, and I hated it. It did not turn out like the recipe said it would, it did not taste good, and did not taste like pizza. It tasted like pizza toppings mixed with disgusting cauliflower. lol

I like cauliflower (mashed is awesome!), but not with my pizza..

That said, I would be willing to try it again, if someone else who knew what they were doing prepared it. :)