Options
BryATC
BryATC Posts: 7 Member
Hello!!! I'm a 29 year old mother of 2. Full time employee, mother and wife. I've always been over weight. But recently it has really started to get to me so I decided to make a life style change. I am refusing to call it dieting, because I always fail at diets. I started a couch to 10K program, I'm on week 3. I've also challenged myself each week, like the first week was zero fast food (note I am a sweet tea addict). But I succeeded and haven't been back, the next week was to eat breakfast everyday, finally these last 2 weeks has been to drink about 96 oz of water each day. I'm getting in 64 usually but I'd like to increase it.

So anyway that's a little bit about where I'm at and as far as where I'd like to go....my goal is 160, but we shall see. Please feel free to add me!!!!

Replies

• beakers2013
    Options
    First of all, I like the picture you have for your profile picture. It is a very profound saying. I have been fighting my weight ever since I graduated high school almost fifteen years ago and I'm almost 32 :cry: I'm trying to refer to my weight loss journey as a lifestyle change. I have been on ww and I've tried MFP before. But I'm getting tired of being the way that I am and I want to be healthy. If you would like to have a friend to encourage and keep you motivated feel free to let me know. I would be happy to help you.

Keep up the great work with the couch to 10K program. Also good job on the water intake. I need to drink more. You are doing better than I am. I'm mainly staying between 32-40 oz a day.
  • BryATC
    BryATC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I have to be honest, I've been slacking with the water this week.

Just stick with it. We're in this together!!
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just being conscious of what you are consuming and logging here will help so much! As far as the lifestyle vs diet, I found this channel on youtube and she was really the person who motivated me to make the change. Check her out and we have a group here but not too many followers yet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCrFhnQKwPg&feature=player_detailpage
  • shanzie001
    Options
    Hello, I have just started MFP on 2/25/13 and looking forward to this new Lifestyle change. The support I am getting is fabulous. I am on every day and love giving words of encouragement. I am 42 and have struggled with my weight all my life. I had the lapband surgery back in 2009 and had to have emergency surgery to remove it in 2011. I gained back some of the weight but refuse to go back to the way I was.

I have learned to take it day by day and log everything I put into my mouth. As for drinking water, I keep a 1 liter bottle right next to my keyboard and mouse at work. This way I am reminded to drink my water for the day. I try to drink 2 of them at work.

Keep up the good work, feel free to add me.