Insanity Workout/ Heart monitor

Options
Ok, have I lost my mind people? I bought it on Insanity on ebay today. I have been doing some exercise videos the past month and they have gotten WAY too easy since I started running. I suspect that is because I've been building up endurance.

What can I expect? I am SO up for the challenge! Any input here is greatly appreciated wether it's positive or negative.

Do I really need to get a heart rate monitor before I start doing the workout? I'm really new to all this exercise technology stuff. I've been reading about the Polar FT4, but is that really the best brand? Again, any input is very much appreciated!

Replies

• rockabillybabe222
    Options
    I'm also doing Insanity. I'd suggest getting a heart rate monitor but make sure you get a reliable one. Probably something that takes hieght, weight, body fat %, and heart rate all into account. You'll get a more accurate calories burned reading.
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    HI!

I'm in the process of doing insanity right now, and I can tell you its going to kick your butt... every day lol... but the feeling of accomplishment when you finish it makes it completely worth it

I would definitely say get a heart rate monitor not only to track your calories but because insanity is interval training and you need to ensure that before you start each interval your heart rate return to your zone. I have the Polar FT4 and i really like it, it allows your to enter your height and weight, gender ect. (but not body fat % as far as i know).

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some support through your insanity challenge!

Sam