Loosing weight too quickly

Options
I joined MFP in mid January and I have already lost 15 pounds (that's a little over 2 pounds per week) my concern is that I'm not getting enough of something in my diet. I want to also be healthy not just loose weight. Has anyone had this problem?

I will leave my diary public so any one can comment.

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in mid January and I have already lost 15 pounds (that's a little over 2 pounds per week) my concern is that I'm not getting enough of something in my diet. I want to also be healthy not just loose weight. Has anyone had this problem?

Hey congrats for the weight loss that's fantastic.

Oh BTW

lose
    /lo͞oz/
    Verb
    Be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something): "I've lost my appetite" "I am losing weight"

loose
    /lo͞os/
    Adjective
    Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth"

:tongue:
  • chera79
    chera79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Oh BTW

lose
    /lo͞oz/
    Verb
    Be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something): "I've lost my appetite" "I am losing weight"

loose
    /lo͞os/
    Adjective
    Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth"

Oh, BTW...

Hey, congrats on the weight loss. That's fantastic.

She added an extra 'o' and you give you her a vocabulary lesson. Nice. Next time at least use proper punctuation.
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    1-2 LBS a week is completely healthy.
    Anything major then yeah.. change your style, but for now you are completely fine!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Oh BTW

lose
    /lo͞oz/
    Verb

loose
    /lo͞os/
    Adjective

Oh, BTW...

She added an extra 'o' and you give you her a vocabulary lesson. Nice. Next time at least use proper punctuation.

Didn't mean to be a d|ck I was just letting her know since she used the word loose in stead of lose 2x's. Sheesh lay off.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Any particular reason your goal is 1200 calories? Seems low to me for all you're doing. Yes, you're eating the exercise calories -- but it's still netting ~1200 or less (which is concerning0)

I'll bet that is below your BMR (which is what you're body needs just to function). Your balance overall looks good, some high sodium days but overall looks good to me. I'd just suggest MORE, especially since you're losing fast.

I'd suggest figuring out your BMR and TDEE and doing the roadmap guide (you an search the forum to find the link)
  • courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i think your diary looks great, looks like you're eating very healthy and balanced. what was it like before you did MFP? have you changed your activity at all? to lose 2 lbs a week that means you've created a deficit of 7000 calories a week, either by exercising more or cutting calories (that's 1000 calories a day...were you averaging 2500-2800 calories a day before? because if so, that makes sense, bc it looks like you tend to eat 1500-1800 a day?). you appear to be eating above your bmr and in a healthy range of calories. are you perhaps serving yourself smaller serving sizes than you realize, and therefore accounting for more calories than you are really consuming? if you're really concerned, try measuring and weighing your food exactly. also you could talk to your doctor. i think 2 lbs a week is fast, but that's what most people strive for! it will eventually slow down but enjoy it while you're accomplishing it and make sure to talk to your doc if you think something might really be wrong. i think you're doing great! :)
  • MJ723
    MJ723 Posts: 5
    Options
    Depending on how heavy you were to start with, you might lose weight faster (especially if you made big changes fast). If you're worried about making sure you're getting the right nutrients in your diet, the future dietitian in me says to eat your 3-5 fruits and vegetables per day, 3 servings of dairy, 6 oz of protein and a variety of whole grain carbohydrates. Granted, that's just a quick, general recommendation!
    The closer you get to your ideal body weight, your body will need less calories to carry out daily activities and the weight loss should slow down. If it doesn't, you made need to up your calories some to make up for your daily activities if you have a busy routine outside of just exercising.
  • fancycatlady
    fancycatlady Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not that tall about 5'6 but I have a athletic frame
  • burnt_irish1
    burnt_irish1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

To me your food choices look excellent. Plus your working out.... so Maybe your body is just responding very well.

In fact, i want your results:) I'm losing but slightly slower than you. What is your workout routine?
  • chera79
    Options

Oh BTW

lose
    /lo͞oz/
    Verb

loose
    /lo͞os/
    Adjective

Oh, BTW...

Didn't mean to be a d|ck I was just letting her know since she used the word loose in stead of lose 2x's. Sheesh lay off.

Actually, I think she only used it wrong once. Anyway, I'm sorry. I'm in a *****y mood today and shouldn't have taken it out on you.
  • chera79
    Options
    I think your food choices look good. People also tend to lose more in the beginning. Maybe things will slow down a bit for you but honestly, I don't think they even need to. :) keep up the great work!
  • valleymum
    valleymum Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i lost nine lbs the first two weeks i signed up, then slowed down. im on week 15 now and down 26 lbs. perhaps water weight? id give it some more time before i started to worry :)
  • annielizstan
    annielizstan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Drink more water.
    Join a gym.
    Avoid Alcohol.
    You can also try exercise.
    Eat some fresh fruits and vegetables.
    It will really helpful.
  • fancycatlady
    fancycatlady Posts: 20 Member
    Options

To me your food choices look excellent. Plus your working out.... so Maybe your body is just responding very well.

In fact, i want your results:) I'm losing but slightly slower than you. What is your workout routine?

For cardio I run about 3-4 times per week or do spin classes. For strength training I joined a canadian boot camp called "booty camp fitness" that was 2x a week. Your body fat percentage will not decrease (mine still at 32%) because we only use 5 pound weights. But it will tone your legs, shoulders and stomach.You can also do videos at home
    http://bootycamp.tv/
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about losing too quickly, slow it down. Add a few hundred calories per day and reassess in a few weeks.