I can't stop eating!

Options
I was doing so well up until about a month ago. All of the sudden I can't seem to control myself, I cant stop eating even when I feel full and I can't seem to get myself to the gym. Pure laziness. I was doing so well too. Any ideas on how to get me motivated again?

Replies

• laggynezz11
    Options
    I know this was a year ago, but I'm in that situation right now and I need help. I lost around 10 pounds and I gained ALL of it back. I don't know why. I hate feeling fat, but I can't stop eating. How did you get over this? Thank you.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    We need more info. How many calories are you eating? How much do you weigh? More info!
  • danceydancetime
    Options
    Were you eating too little? You may have put your body into starvation mode, so now you want to eat all of the time.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I know this was a year ago, but I'm in that situation right now and I need help. I lost around 10 pounds and I gained ALL of it back. I don't know why. I hate feeling fat, but I can't stop eating. How did you get over this? Thank you.

when i feel like eating a ton i just drink water or make tea. try that? it helps to have a set eating schedule as well. i drink 3 16.9 oz bottle water before every meal.

also if you have eliminated a lot of "fats" from your diet, or protein, ie: eating only low calorie foods, you WILL be hungry. fats and protein, and fiber helps to fill you up. i thought this was horse crap but i put it to the test by eating a PB and J sandwich. i used to use PB2 (powdered peanut butter, has 85% less fat calories) and used way more of it so youd think it was more filling, but when i ate the regular peanut butter and jelly sandwich (keep in mind there was way less real PB in the sandwich compared to the loaded PB2 sandwich) i was satisfied for hours after i ate versus being hungry again an hour later with PB2
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary so maybe you were not eating enough or over-exercising before this happened. Do you possibly need to up your protein and lower processed carbs so you feel fuller? Depressed or stressed?
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The replies by dancey.... and stines are why its not strictly calories in versus calories out. It has a lot to do with
    the balance of those calories and the actual nutrient content of both macro and micro nutrients.