I want pizza!

Options
2»

Replies

• AutumnBride
    AutumnBride Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a pizza craving last night. I made a tortilla pizza. Whole wheat tortilla, 2 tbsp of pizza sauce, one stick of turkey pepperoni sliced thin, couple of cherry tomatos sliced thin and a couple tbsps of shredded mozza cheese. Was so good and with my large salad I had with it, 382 calories for my entire dinner! :D
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Make your own pizza.. it's crazy easy.. even the dough is pretty simple. then you can control how much you make/how big/ how many calories. Use a tortilla for the crust or just google it.
  • jamsnanny
    Options
    I agree with a previous post. Don't deprive yourself of something you want. If you deprive yourself, once that craving takes control, you will over indulge. I get a Little Caesar's pizza probably once a week. Before I started on MFP, I would eat several pieces. Now, I eat one, two at the most. I think each slice is about 260 calories. If you think you cannot control yourself if you go buy the pizza, here is my suggestion. Take a covered container or a foam plate plate with you, buy the pizza, take 1 or 2 pieces out at the counter and put it in your container. The close the box and ask the employee to dispose of the remaining slices. It is a bit odd, but at least you are in control of what you will be consuming.
  • kirschenregen
    Options
    I agree with a previous post. Don't deprive yourself of something you want. If you deprive yourself, once that craving takes control, you will over indulge. I get a Little Caesar's pizza probably once a week. Before I started on MFP, I would eat several pieces. Now, I eat one, two at the most. I think each slice is about 260 calories. If you think you cannot control yourself if you go buy the pizza, here is my suggestion. Take a covered container or a foam plate plate with you, buy the pizza, take 1 or 2 pieces out at the counter and put it in your container. The close the box and ask the employee to dispose of the remaining slices. It is a bit odd, but at least you are in control of what you will be consuming.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea but I know with my social anxiety that I couldn't do it. I'd be too afraid the person would judge me. Irrational, I know. =/

Anyway, I decided to try the suggestion of cauliflower crust. I'm going to try making some mini pizzas. So, I just bought some cauliflower, mushrooms, and cheese. We'll see how it turns out. I've never made it before so it might suck. If all else fails I have a leftover tortilla or if I'm really desperate I can throw the toppings onto some toast I guess. =P
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    The amount of carbs and sodium in those Hot-n-Sweatys will have you retaining so much extra water your scale will certainly go up. If you have made any progress in the last 2 and a half weeks, kiss it goodbye. At least for a while until you flush all the water out. That could take up to a week. So yeah, it won't be permanent weight, but it will be very discouraging. It's up to you if it's worth giving into a craving or being stronger than your craving and grabbing something else.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am so glad there are three places within walking distance that sell really good pizza by the slice - for dine in or to go. It helps me indulge my cravings without eating the whole d@mn pie!
  • kirschenregen
    Options
    So, update for anyone who cares:

I made the cauliflower crust pizza and it is DELICIOUS! I think I found my new craving cure! (=
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I made the cauliflower crust pizza and it is DELICIOUS! I think I found my new craving cure! (=

I'm so glad!! :)
  • Offical
    Offical Posts: 94
    Options
    Me, I'd eat the pizza!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I make mini pizzas on English muffins. Put pizza sauce, vegetables, mini pepperonis and lowfat mozzarella and toast. Delicious and less than 350 calories for both halves!
    will definitely be trying this. not necessarily because i'm concerned about the calories, but because i need to start controlling my sodium more . restaurant pizza is hella high in sodium, even the ones without meat
  • bubingadrummer
    Options
    Cauliflower Pizza Anyone!?!

http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/02/cauliflower-pizza-crust-with-bbq.html

Super good. Im making it tonight. Very low in calories and carbs!!
  • Cindyloo01
    Cindyloo01 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Flour tortillas also make good crusts and the small ones are a perfect size for 1 person.
  • lauradiet0829
    Options
    Another good pizza sprouted grain tortilla heated up on stove with olive oil and then add toppings bake to melt cheese no guilt and yum
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    pizza, tacos and peanut butter are all foods i have to completely cut out at this point in my life because i absolutely will overeat it no matter how hungry i am. so if you can limit yourself to two pieces for dinner, two pieces for lunch then share the rest with someone else, go for it! if you know you'll over eat, avoid it and make something similar at home such as a lean cuisine french bread pizza, or a homemade pita pizza
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I made a "meatza" tonight to satisfy my pizza craving. (Picture in my profile)
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I could not bear to throw pizza away with the example of the person throwing it away. I have freezed pizza slices before but the trouble with that is that it is always there for you. The benefit of freezing is you could make one or two slices to be a end of the week cheat. You mentioned social anxiety. I have that too. I am a pizza addict so I am going to have to be carefull to avoid it cold turkey for a while.