The Beginning!

Options
Today is the day that I change how I feel about myself. This is not an easy thing to begin and maintain for me but I am tired of giving up and being self-concious. I know I can do this, I just need the motivation and will-power to be strong.

My Goals:
I need to make better food choices by watching portions and knowing when to have treats not daily splurges.
Also, I need cardiovascular exercising at least four times a week! I need energy, a better body and self image!

I need support and encouragement! :D Bring it on!

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you
  • evanbeek
    evanbeek Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Admitting that you need to fix something is the first step to success. Welcome to MFP. You'll find a ton of information and helpful, supportive people around every corner. Before you know it, you'll be meeting your goals and moving on past them to the next one. My only suggestions to you:

1. Don't cheat. Even if it's bad. Every experience is a learning experience and your good days will out number your bad days.
    2. Drink *atleast* 8 glasses of water (10-12) is even better. It's the first step to feeling more healthy and if you feel healthy, you'll act healthy. (Plus is definitely helps curb your appetite).

Regardless, keep your chin your chin up, know where you want to go and move toward it. Fast, slow, doesn't matter, as long as you are moving forward. : )
  • caitlin15
    caitlin15 Posts: 28
    Options
    Thank you a ton for the advice! Can I ask a probably stupid question? About the water intake- why exactly do I need to drink so much water a day? It makes me feel overstuffed and bloated.

:D