Hey Guys

Options
I am Kaci, I'm 23 years old and weigh 300lbs. I have NEVER weighed this much... I've always been a little PLUMP, but Never more than 225, The 300 mark scares me tremendously! I'm getting married in Sept to a wonderful man... minus the fact that he doesn't wanna help me lose weight... Or so that is how I feel. He's over weight too and talks constantly about losing weight, but doesn't walk the walk... My goal is to lose atleast 20lbs before the wedding. I've started logging everything I eat and walking. But I need help getting rid of the arm/back fat, and also those fat patches right about your bra that hang over when you wear a strapless dress (which my wedding dress is strapless). So any suggestions would be wonderful. I am so mad at myself for allowing myself to get this large, and my ultimate goal is to lose 100lbs before my next yearly appointment in March, i've already lost about 20lbs (maybe a little more) so only 80lbs to go. My doctor's goal for me is only 60lbs more to lose, but I want him to be super proud of me, and I want to be able to have children. So any suggestions on GOOD low fat low calorie low carb recipes would be wonderful... And any easy quick exercise suggestions would be wonderful too. I am a full time student in school for Special Education and I also work an almost full time job, I do medical billing and coding!!! I need friends to help.. and what friends would better than those who are going thru the same things... I look forward to meeting some new friends... and Thanks in advance for your support and help!!! :love:

Replies

• UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Congrats for taking the first step! We're with you all the way! You'll find this site very helpful.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be able to lose more than 20 by September!! Good luck, honey! And congrats on the engagement. :happy: Do a lot of cardio to lose body fat and don't forget strength training because building muscle is important, as muscle burns fat. Also, it will help with excess skin once you get to be smaller.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking control, lady! This site has really helped me stay focused - I know you'll benefit greatly from it too. Sending you a friend request so I can cheer you on in your newsfeed as well! GOOD LUCK!
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Just take it one day @ a time. Slow & Steady wins the race! Welcome & good luck!!
  • tracilee6978
    Options
    Hey....I never reply to these post, but I noticed your name and knew I had to reply. My daughter's name is Kaci and you are the only other Kaci I know to spell it like her. You and I are very similiar in respect to weight and such. I am 31 and a 5th grade teacher. I had reached 327 lbs and finally decided enough is enough. I swear by kickboxing. Try it. I love it! I am also participating in a Crossfit program. Check on-line and see if there is one in your area. I have dropped 68 lbs (in the past 15 months) and I am still working on it. It is the toughest thing I have ever done. Let me know what else you want to know. In regards to the fiance....don't wait for him to start losing weight. Maybe when he sees all your progress he will jump on the weight loss wagon with you. However, don't be surprised if he gets jealous and is not supportive or accuses you of seeing someone else and losing weight for that person....which is the boat I am in right now and we have been married for 10 years. Good luck and keep in touch!
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH.. I REALLY NEED SUPPORT.. I'M SO SCARED OF COMPLETELY LOSING CONTROL AND BEFORE I KNOW IT WEIGHING UPWARD OF 500LBS, I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN AND IT CANNOT HAPPEN TO ME... UNFORTUNEATELY WITH SCHOOL/WORK AND PLANNING A WEDDING I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME FOR EXERCISE.. I WOULD LOVE KICKBOXING, BUT I JSUT DUNNO WHEN I'D FIT IT IN, AND GOING TO A GYM IS JUST SO EXPENSIVE... I'M GONNA TRY TO FIND ME A 15-20 INTENSE WORKOUT VIDEO AND DO THAT.. I THOUGHT ABOUT TRYING THE P90X BUT I DUNNO WHEN I'D HAVE TIME TO DO ALL OF THAT... I'M JUST SO SICK OF LOOKING IN THE MIRROR SEEING FAT.. IT'S STARTING TO DEPRESS ME... HAS ANYONE TRIED THE INTENSITY WORKOUT OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED, I THINK IT'S BY JILL FROM THE BIGGEST LOSER.. IT'S A 30 DAY SHRED... I WOULD LIKE IDEAS FOR A QUICK JUMPSTART TO WEIGHT LOSS... SOMETHING THAT I WILL SEE QUICK RESULTS SO I CAN STAY MOTIVATED...
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Can't wait to get to know you!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hey Kaci, you might want to look into the Turbo Jam DVD's. They're kind of a kickboxing/dance hybrid - Lots of fun! and you can just work it in whenever you can. I dont know if you can get them in stores but you can order them on line for sure.

Also, you mentioned the 30 Day Shred - I'm doing that right now. It's challenging but it's over before you know it! Just 27 minutes a day.

Hope this helps :)
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    just bought the 30 day shred off amazon for $9 including shipping... wish me luck!
  • KPaden1221
    Options
    DO I NEED WEIGHTS TO GO WITH MY 30 DAY SHRED VIDEO?