Jillian Michaels workout?

Options
Hey Everyone!

I was thinking about trying out the DVD from the famous trainer, Jillian Michaels, that helped make success stories out of the contestants of the show the Biggest Loser. Has anyone tried her workout dvd that lasts about 20 minutes a work out? If so, do you like it and has it worked? How long did it take to see results?

Thanks!

Replies

• niccup
    niccup Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi there!

I love her workouts. Because its circuit training you see results after the first few workouts ( as long as your eating properly). Thats the biggest thing, eating properly! You can workout til the cows come home but if your not eating properly than results won't happen. She is the best for a reason. She knows what she is doing. Have fun!!!!!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am assuming you are talking about the 30 day shred...I completed it a couple of months ago..and I still do it from time to time. I lost 6 lbs and 13.5 inches when I did it..I started seeing an improvement in my endurance after about the 4 th day..and improvement with how my clothes started fitting after about the first week.

The best thing for me though, it really helped me with my endurance and it felt good knowing, I could accomplish this. I can work out..and I can lose weight. Since the shred, I have purchased many other Biggest Loser DVD's and currently I am doing the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout..
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I like her 30 day shred dvd, you can sure feel it working
  • Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    last chance workout KICKS Booty!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Micheals. I love the 30 day shred, and i have 3 of her other videos as well, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No more trouble zones (came as a 3 pack from costco) and Last Chance Work out as well (which i haven't give too much of a chance yet). I feel so empowered, coming into these videos after not working out for almost a decade. I am enjoying the workout high and the results. I fell off the wagon a bit, but am now getting back into it. I tried a few other things, SLim in 6 and Turbo Jam but they just didn't have the same pull as Jillian's vidoes. I reccomend the 30 day shred highly.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    bump
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    I have 3 of her dvd's 30 day shred, banish fat boost metabolism and yoga meltdown! Love them all! Thinking about getting the last chance one too...I like to rotate them around so I am not doing the same thing day after day. Jillian actually says not to do the same routine day in and day out. I have heard her say do lower body one day, upper body the next or do front then back. I am subscribed to her daily email from her new show Losing it with Jillian. It keeps ya motivated and gives you tips and all that! Love it!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 4 of my work outs with her 30 day shred. The first three days were bad. Today I am feeling pretty good and can't wait to get home to do day 4.
    It's a $9 video. Buy it. Push play. Sweat.
    It's all good!
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Do I need hand weights to go with the 30 DS? If so, how many pounds do you recommend (I'm in fairly good shape, but not perfect) :flowerforyou:
  • ChristineMcGrae
    Options
    Do I need hand weights to go with the 30 DS? If so, how many pounds do you recommend (I'm in fairly good shape, but not perfect) :flowerforyou:

Yes hand weights are required for sections. Really whatever you are comfortable with. She uses them to combine with things such as squats, so that you are working smaller muscles along with larger muscles. I am not in shape at all and use 1kg each which is just over 2lbs each.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    NO hand weights for the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism though...
    I did it today for the first time and loved it. 360 calories in 50 minutes (according to HRM).
    Intense toning and cardio.
  • fonrouge82
    fonrouge82 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I do the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism now, but think I'll give the 30 DS a try!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I really like the 30 day shred. It kicks your butt, it works and its only 20 minutes a day. I also REALLY LOVE her Yoga Meltdown dvd. That's by far my fave. Also a butt kicker plus the good feeling you get from yoga. Again, that one's only 30 minute workouts.