So Im pretty new to this....

Options
Hi, so I am new to this whole process. I am just starting to get fit and I realized I had no one in my life that supports my new movement. I mean my family does in their way but its different if you can have someone to talk to and motivate you to keep going. Id like to rearrange my environment that is more conducive to a new state of mind/being, and that means awkwardly asking random people to be my friend here. So yeah.... Hi :smile:

Replies

• joebanz77
    joebanz77 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I know exactly what you mean when you don't really have the support you. You will find plenty of that through this site. I've been logging in for over 400+ days and have met some amazing and inspiring people on here. I wish you plenty of success in your journey and feel free to add me. :)
  • EstherStark
    EstherStark Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Although I've always tried to work on some kind of fitness program, I too find it very hard to be disciplined with a routine without someone to be accountable with and to share your excitement and disappointments with. My niece introduced me to mfp just this week so I'm just getting the hang of the program.

I love the automatic calorie counter because its right there in black & white what I've eaten. I have only about 6# to lose to be at a weight I especially feel good about. I always put on those 8-10 pounds in the winter. As I'm sure everyone knows, the last 5-10 # seems to be the hardest to lose. Its easy to think "Oh, I only have a few pounds to lose, I can eat this tonight!". Yea, right.

I love to read all the success stories of how people were able to discipline, what worked best, etc. I'm really looking forward to seeing what mfp does for me! It has certainly inspired my niece to the point I had to check it out!
  • M_A_G_Ebalaroza_Kawano
    Options
    Welcome! I understand what you mean. I've started my fitness journey on my own with little or no help but as time went on I learned how to depend on me. If I slacked, I had no one else to blame but myself. Now I have a great support system and I've lost about 67 lbs since Summer of 2011. I'm almost to my goal weight and I'm not worried of ever gaining it back because I made changes that are part of my lifestyle now. Stick to your goals, don't give up and don't give in. You can do this!! Believe in yourself!!
  • KinJin23
    KinJin23 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! Thanks guys! I am impressed with the support already. Its really nice to be reminded I can do this :)
  • poplap007
    Options
    I am also new, always tried different diets, lose it and gain again weight. This time I will try to keep focus and to be motivated.
    thanks.
  • Brittany3oh3
    Options
    You can do it, just take one day at a time! :)
  • teena2421
    Options
    Same reasons I joined, I'm rarely new too and I lost two pounds this week.love the support and checking in with the food diary helps me stay on track. Nice to meet you.
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi.. welcome! Im new around here too. My 2nd week on the site and loving it so far :D Feel free to add me.
  • teena2421
    Options
    It seems to be theme.Some people just don't have to struggle with weight so don't get or understand the ups and downs we go through. It is nice to have a place to help and know we are not alone in our venture.xo
  • amaranth1002
    Options
    Hi, i only discovered the forums etc yesterday, but have been using the MFP app for 2 weeks now. I am completely isolated from my family and hubby says hes supportive but I dont feel it, so i was overjoyed to find this forum, finally ppl that understand. Its great. Good luck with your journey, i am adding new friends so feel free
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It is really important to find support somewhere, or otherwise it can be almost impossible to maintain a plan over a period of time. I've only ever been able to successfully lose weight when my wife has been losing weight as well, but inevitably, when she has stopped trying to lose (either because she had much less to lose in the first place, or because the event she was losing weight for, e.g. a wedding, arrived), my drive went pretty soon afterwards.

My wife is losing again this time too (another wedding on the horizon!), but I feel that with the added support of the MFP community, I'll be able to push on on my own when she inevitably stops first.

Anyone can feel free to 'friend' me for support :)
  • EstherStark
    EstherStark Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gosh, it looks like there are lots of "fairly new" people on here! I'm excited about reading the success & the encouragement. I just need to figure out how to "add a friend" now so I can feel like I actually have some fitness "buddies" rather than reading random posts.:smile: